6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking & Nyungwe Forest safari
6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking & Nyungwe Forest safari is one of the best itineraries that will take you from Kigali to Volcanoes national park for Karisimbi hiking safari and later on connect to the wilderness of Nyungwe forest national park for a fascinating chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk safari. This 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking safari & Nyungwe Forest National park is one of the best safari enjoyed by adventurous travelers who enjoy long hikes.
Highlights of the itinerary of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking & Nyungwe Forest safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park
- Day 2: Hike (Ascend) Mount Karisimbi
- Day 3: Descend from Karisimbi and transfer to Lake Kivu
- Day 4: Half day on lake Kivu & transfer to Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 5: Chimpanzee trekking & Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 6: Transfer to Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes national park
- Volcanoes national park: Upon arrival at Kigali international airport or from your hotel in Kigali on day 1 of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking & Nyungwe Forest safari and start the journey to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri where you will spend your overnight. Depending on your arrival time, you may spend some time on an evening cultural tour to Ibyiwacu cultural centre.
Day 2: Hike (Ascend) Mount Karisimbi
- Karisimbi Volcano hike (Ascend): After breakfast at your lodge in Volcanoes national park, park all that you require for Karisimbi hike and be transferred to the starting point of Karisimbi hiking adventure where you will meet other hikers, rangers, and porters for hire. Start ascending Karisimbi in the morning of 2nd day of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking safari & Nyungwe Forest. You will ascend via forests, plantations while sighting several attractions until you reach at 3700m above the sea level. At this point, you will set up a camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Descend from Karisimbi and transfer to Lake Kivu
- Descend From Karisimbi: Arise at the elevation of 3700m along mount Karisimbi on day 3 of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking & Nyungwe Forest safari and proceed ascending to summit the top of Karisimbi. While at the summit, you will spend a few hours of photo taking and viewing all that nature brings to you and later on descend back to the starting point where you will be picked by your safari driver and driven to Lake Kivu for late lunch. After lunch, you will enjoy the remaining hours of the day relaxed at the beach along Lake Kivu and later on return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Half day on Lake Kivu & transfer to Nyungwe forest national park
- Lake Kivu & Nyungwe forest national park: Breakfast will be enjoyed at the shores of lake kivu on day 4 of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking safari & Nyungwe Forest then spend a half day on a boat cruise safari on lake kivu one of the beautiful lakes in Rwanda. After the boat cruise, you will drive in Gisenyi town briefly and later on embark on the journey to Nyungwe forest national park with an enroute lunch and dinner at the lodge.
Day 5: Chimpanzee trekking & Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park
- Chimpanzee trekking & canopy walk: After breakfast on day 5 of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking safari & Nyungwe Forest, you will set out for chimpanzee trekking with in Nyungwe forest where you will be in position to encounter other wildlife species including primates, mammals, birds, and identify different tree species. After trekking chimpanzees, you will be driven back to the lodge for lunch and embark on Canopy walk with in Nyungwe forest that is one of the best canopy walks ever. You will be able to view different mammals as well as a clear view of Nyungwe forest national park. Once you are done with the canopy walk, return to the lodge for dinner and have an overnight rest.
Day 6: Transfer to Kigali for departures
- Departures: Wake up on a relaxed breakfast on day 6 of 6 days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking & Nyungwe Forest safari then check out of the lodge with all your belongings and meet your safari driver to start the journey from Nyungwe forest national park to Kigali with an enroute lunch. Have a stopover at the museum and some genocide memorial sites as you proceed to Kigali. Once you arrive in Kigali, you will be dropped off at your designated hotel or at the airport for departures.
End of 6 Days Rwanda Karisimbi Hiking safari & Nyungwe Forest
- Airport transfers
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English speaking guide
- Karisimbi hiking permit
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Canopy walk and all other mentioned activities
- Accommodations as per Itinerary
- Drinking water
- Air ticket
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation
- Other drinks other than water
- Sleeping bag etc.