7 Days Serengeti Wildlife & Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
7 Days Serengeti Wildlife & Rwanda Gorilla Trekking takes you to Tanzania’s best wildlife national park that is Serengeti national park which has been recognized as Africa’s best national park located in the nortern part of Tanzania. Serengeti national park is known for its massive annual migration of wildebeests and Zebras. In order to look for new pasture, the herds move north from their breeding grounds into the grassy southern plains, crossing via Grumeti River. This trip also features visiting Volcanoes national park is located in the north-western part of Rwanda covering 160 square kilometres of rainforest and encompasses five of the eight volcanoes in the Virunga Mountains including Bisoke, Gahinga, Sabinyo, Karismibi and Muhabura and is a home to some of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world.
Flights from Tanzania to Rwanda are available and you can either book your own flight or let us arrange your flight.
Safari highlights of the 7 Days Serengeti Wildlife & Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- Day 1: Transfer to Serengeti National Park
- Day 2: Serengeti National Park – All day game drive
- Day 3: Transfer to Ngorongoro Crater
- Day 4: Game drive in Tarangire national park and Transfer to Arusha
- Day 5: Fly to Kigali – Rwanda and Transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Day 6: Gorilla trekking
- Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali/Departure
Day 1: Transfer to Serengeti National Park
- Transfer to Serengeti National Park: On this first day of your safari, ensure you are already in Tanzania so that you start early to connect to Serengeti national park.
- Depending on your location in Arusha, you will be met by our company safari guide who will help with you load your luggage in the safari van and also brief you about your Safari. Thereafter, set off for Serengeti national park. It is about 7-8 hours’ drive with en-route lunch. Enter the park with an en-route game drive to find some of the animals. Serengeti national park has a variety of animals to see including the big prides of lions, Cheetahs, Leopards, Hyenas, Giraffes, Elephants, different Antelopes and other wildlife. Later in the evening, connect to your accommodation for check-in, have your dinner and overnight stay at either;
- Luxury option: Serengeti Serena Lodge/Mbalangeti lodge
- Mid-range option: Osinon Camps and lodges
- Budget option: Ikoma Safari Camp
Day 2: Serengeti National Park – Full day game drive
- Serengeti National Park – Full day game drive: After breakfast, you will drive to Central Serengeti for game drive for a full day game drive. This area has a lot of animals to explore at your disposal with your picnic lunch. Expect to have an opportunity of seeing the big five game (Lions, Elephants, Cape buffaloes, Leopards and Rhinos), Cheetahs, Hyenas, Giraffes, different Antelopes and other wildlife. Late afternoon after your full day game drive, return to your lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer to Ngorongoro Crater
- Transfer to Ngorongoro Crater: After an early breakfast, connect to Ngorongoro conservation area where you will connect to Ngorongoro crater with your picnic lunch for a full day of game drive in the crater. The crater has a good number of Lions and Cheetahs, and it is another good place to see the rare black Rhino. In the late afternoon, visit a Masai village and enjoy the cultural experience before you connect to your lodge for check-in dinner and overnight stay.
- Luxury option: Ngorongoro Serene lodge
- Mid-range option: Ihando lodge
- Budget option: Rhino Lodge
Day 4: Transfer to Tarangire national park – Arusha
- Transfer to Tarangire national park: After breakfast, connect to Tarangire national park for a day’s excursion in the park. It’s about 2 -3 hours’ drive from Ngorongoro conservation area to Tarangire national park, enter for a game drive for some of the common animals in the park such as Elephants, Buffalos, Antelopes, Zebras, lions, Leopards among others. After your 2 hours game drive, enjoy your picnic lunch then embark on your journey back to Arusha. Your safari guide will drop you off at the hotel for check-in; have dinner and overnight stay at
- Luxury option; Tulia Bontique Hotel and Spa
- Mid-range option: Mount Meru Hotel
- Bugdget option: Runako Hotel
Day 5: Fly to Kigali – Rwanda and transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Fly to Kigali – Rwanda and transfer to Volcanoes national park: Wake up early, have breakfast and depending on your flight schedule, your safari guide will pick you up and drop you off at Arusha airport for your onward flight to Kigali – Rwanda. On arrival in Kigali airport, you will meet our Rwanda safari guide. He will welcome you and transfer you to Kigali city which is one of the best and neatest cities in Africa have lunch at Des Mille Collins Hotel.
- Embark on your journey to Volcanoes national park. This park borders with the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda on the Virunga mountains. It is a 2-3 hours’ drive from Kigali to Volcanoes national park driving through the rolling hills of Rwanda. Upon arrival at the park with sights of the Virunga Mountains, proceed to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay
- Luxury option: 5 Volcanoes Gorilla Lodge/Bisate Lodge
- Mid-range option: Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge/Da Vinci Gorilla lodge
- Budget option: Hotel Muhabura/ Kinigi Guesthouse
Day 6: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla trekking experience: Wakeup to an early morning breakfast and connect to Kinigi park headquarters for a briefing and allocation of Gorilla trekking groups. With your trekking gears, head into the cold and misty forested slopes of Virunga national park on your Gorilla trekking experience. The trek can take between 2 to 6 hours depending on the movement of the Gorillas and on finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to see and take photos after which you will exit the forest. Meet your driver / guide and transfer back to the lodge. If you feel strong, you may opt for a village walk or a community tour in Ibya cuwa community village. Dinner and overnight stay at either lodge as above.
Day 7: Return to Kigali/Departure
- Return to Kigali/Departure: After breakfast, transfer back to Kigali, it takes about 2-3 hours to drive from Volcanoes national park to Kigali. Upon arrival, you will either be dropped at your own booked hotel or dropped off at Kigali airport for your onward flight back home.
End of the 7 Days Serengeti Wildlife & Rwanda Gorilla Trekking