Uganda Wildlife Safaris
Uganda is a land locked country that is popular because of the biodiversity in the country. this country was referred to as the “Pearl of Africa” by Winston Churchill because of it is surrounded with the exceptional green lush vegetation, beautiful landscapes, diverse plant species and many wildlife species that can be spotted in different areas in the country. more so, Uganda has a good warm climate compared to the other countries and a tour in this country gives you chances engage in cultural encounters due to the fact that it has a diverse of over 30 tribes whereby the local people are always friendly and welcoming which gives tourists great comfort during their stay.
More so, Uganda is also considered as the best destination to travel while on your adventurous Uganda safari because it is blessed with several national parks and it is known to have a largest number of the endangered mountain gorilla species, various bird species, plant species, and tourists can get to see the big five animals such as; lions, buffalos, African elephants, hippopotamus, leopards. More so, there is large population of chimpanzees in Uganda and it is best place where to see tree-climbing lions while on your wildlife safari.
Exploring through Uganda on a safari blesses tourists to embark on many interesting activities like;
- Chimpanzee trekking, which is best done from Budongo forest and Kibale national park.
- Gorilla trekking tours, which are mainly done from Bwindi Impenetrable national park and Mgahinga Gorilla national park.
- Guided nature walks and landscape viewing.
- Kampala city tours, which always involve visiting the Uganda museum, Kasubi tombs, the Uganda martyrs shrine, which is found in Namugongo, and cultural and religious tours to Ndere centre among others.
- Tourists can go to spot the big five animals such as; elephants, leopards, lions, rhinoceros, and buffaloes from places like; Murchison falls national park and Queen Elizabeth national park.
- Bird lovers can go for bird watching activities because Uganda has a population of over 1035 bird species.
- Fishing where they are able to catch many types of fish species like; Nile pearch, Lungfish, tilapia and mud fish among others. more so, these fishing activities are best done within places like; Lake Kyoga, Lake Mburo, Lake Albert, Lake Edward, Lake Kwania, Lake Bunyonyi, Lake Bisina and from the River Nile which is found in Jinja.
- Bungee jumping over the Nile.
- Cultural encounters and tourists can also go for heritage tours.
- Quad biking.
- Boat cruise.
- Game drives.
- Swimming and rafting which is done on various waterbodies like, crater lakes, beaches and rivers.
- Mountain climbing which is done on Mount Elgon and Hiking to the Rwenzori mountains among others.
Wildlife safaris in Uganda.
Tourists who opt to visit Uganda on their wildlife safari can choose to visit the following places;
Murchison falls National park.
Murchison falls national park is located in the Northwestern region of Uganda in Masindi district and it is famously known as the largest conservation area in the country which covers a total surface area of about 3,800 square kilometers and it was named after the Murchison falls which are considered to be among the top attractions in the park. more so, this national park is among the best destinations to travel to while on your wildlife safari in Uganda because it is a home to over 76 mammal species such as; buffalos, African elephants, hartebeests, bush bucks, Uganda Kob, hyenas, Giraffes, waterbucks, Oribis, warthogs, Nile crocodiles, lions and also harbours 451 bird species.
Queen Elizabeth National park.
Queen Elizabeth National park is located near the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo covering a total surface area of 2,056 square kilometers. more so, this national park is considered as that second largest national park and the commonly visited compared to other game park in the country because it is the only place in the country where the tree climbing lions are spotted within the Ishasha sector. This national park has a beautiful green scenery and a collection of plant species and a number of 95 mammal species such as; buffalos, baboons, hippos, elephants and also harbours around 600 bird species such as; flamingos, eagles, king fishers, the rare shoebill stork and many others . More so, Queen Elizabeth national park is surrounded with different tree species, savanna grasslands, stunning waterbodies like lakes, craters, swamps, and other volcanic features, which makes it to be a good natural habitant to many the wildlife creatures hence ranking among the best places to travel to while on a wildlife safari in Uganda.
Apart from the above, there are many other more destinations where tourists can travel to while on their wildlife safari such as; Kidepo national park, Bwindi Impenetrable national park, Kibale national park, Mgahinga Gorilla national park, Mount Elgon national park, Lake Mburo National park, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary among others. More so, there are more tourism destinations where one can travel such as; Lake Bunyonyi, the source of the Nile, Ssese Islands, sipi falls, and Uganda wildlife education centre and many others.