5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari is one of the top Uganda Wildlife safaris where travelers get to see gorillas and other wildlife in the same trip. This 5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari consists of 5 days and 4 nights in the pearl of Africa taking travelers to Visit Queen Elizabeth national park for a breath taking game drive, boat cruise and tree climbing lions and then proceed for a gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi impenetrable national park that will make an entire 5 days Bwindi and queen safari more fantastic.
Bwindi impenetrable national park is situated in southwestern Uganda is best known as the best destination when it comes to a memorable gorilla trekking safari in Uganda and Africa at large. On another hand, Queen Elizabeth national park is also situated in western Uganda and the major attractions in queen are the tree-climbing lions situated in the Ishasha sector.
This 5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari will start from Kampala/Entebbe and end in Kampala/Entebbe.
Highlights for 5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe to Kampala city
- Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi and connect to Queen NP
- Day 4: Morning Game drive and evening boat cruise
- Day 5: Return to Kampala / Entebbe for departures
Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe to Kampala City
- Transfer Kampala: On day 1, you will be picked from Entebbe international airport by Achieve global safaris’ driver upon arrival. Then have a brief explanation about your 5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari while on a drive to kampala city for a lunch. After lunch, relax a bit and head for an evening Kampala city tour where you will really enjoy the view of Kampala city in the rush evening hours with all the congested streets. Visit the markets, shops, some religious sites among others. After the city tour, return to your lodge in Kampala for Dinner and overnight sleep. Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On day 2, you will wake up early in the morning. Keeping in mind that the journey from Kampala to Bwindi is a full day drive but with a lot of things to spot along with the ways including the small cities, the local people, market center, different foods and many more that make a long journey appear shorter. Well on day 2, you will have an early breakfast, check out of the hotel in Kampala and meet with your driver to start a long and adventurous drive to Bwindi impenetrable national park a home to mountain gorillas and the Batwa. Have a stopover in Mbarara for lunch at Igongo cultural hotel, and proceed to Bwindi via Mbarara – Kabale – Kisoro road. Expect to arrive late in the evening for check-in, dinner, and overnight. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi and connect to Queen NP
- Gorilla trekking: on day 3 of the 5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari, you are expected to wake up quite early for a heavy breakfast, then pack your lunch box and meet with your driver for a ride to the park headquarters for a briefing before heading into the jungle to trek the mountain gorillas. Ensure that you hire a porter to assist you in carrying your backpack and even offer a pull and a push during the difficult trails. After you are done with the briefing and porter hiring, set off amidst armed rangers and guide to trek the gorillas in the wild where you will be offered just one hour of interaction with them after spending more than 2-6 hours following their trails.
- Transfer to Queen: Once the trek is done, meet with your driver to return to the lodge, freshen up and relax for few hours then check out of the lodge and meet the driver to connect from Bwindi to Queen Elizabeth national park entering through Ishasha sector to have a view of the tree-climbing lions. After the tree-climbing lions, proceed to the lodge, check-in for dinner and overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 4: Morning Game drive and Evening boat cruise in Queen
- Morning Game drive: On this day 4 of 5 days Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth national park safari, you have two activities to do that is morning game drive and evening boat cruise. Morning game in Queen Elizabeth national park is best done in kasenyi plain where there is a high concentration of wildlife species to see. Wake up early in the morning have breakfast and by 6:30 am be with your driver for an early morning drive where you will spot nocturnal mammals, herbivores and carnivores in their natural habitat. Here are the major mammals you will view during the game drive including the Uganda kob, elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes and lots of bird species. After the game drive, return to the lodge for lunch and embark on the journey for a breath taking boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Evening boat cruise: boat cruise on Kazinga channel situated in the hearty of Queen Elizabeth national park in mweya peninsular and it starts at 2:00 pm so be there before it leaves and trust me you will enjoy the cruise while sighting out serval hippo along the shores, water birds and other mammals as they quench their thirst in the afternoons. Once you are done with the boat cruise, your driver will return you to the lodge for dinner and overnight. Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 5: Return to Kampala / Entebbe for departures
- Departures: on day 5 of your 5 days Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth national park safari, you will wake up in the morning on a relaxed breakfast, then check out of the lodge and start the journey from Queen Elizabeth national park to Kampala with a stopover in Mbarara at Igongo cultural hotel and another stop at the Equator for some photography and experience then proceed direct to kampala arriving in the evening and transfer to Entebbe International airport for departures.
End of your 5 Uganda Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Park entrance fee
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel
- A tour guide
- A full board accommodation for 4 nights
- All Meals as per the itinerary
- Enough drinking water
- All activities as per Itinerary
- Visa and air tickets
- Tips to the porter and guide
- Juices, all Alcoholic beverages, and cigarettes
- Airtime, emails
- Life insurance
See also: 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife Safari