3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour is one of the shortest but most interesting gorilla safari tours where travelers get to experience other wonders of Uganda. Gorilla trekking in Uganda is mainly done in Bwindi impenetrable national park.
Bwindi impenetrable national park is one of the best Ecosystems in Africa located in Kanungu district and is best known for harboring half of the mountain gorillas that exist in the world today making it the best destination for gorilla trekking in Uganda and Africa at large. 3 days Gorilla trek in Bwindi impenetrable national park will offer you a great opportunity of coming close to these special primates in their natural habitat.
Highlights of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking tour
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and cultural encounters
- Day 3: Return to Kampala – City tour (optional)
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi – visit the Equator on the way
- Transfer to Bwindi: On the 1st day of your trip, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala or from Entebbe international airport or anywhere around Kampala as communicated by your tour guide /driver and start the journey heading to Bwindi passing through the Kampala- masaka-mbarara- kabale road. Make a stopover at the equator for some beautiful photographs and then proceed to Mbarara where you will have another stop for lunch at Igongo Cultural Centre in Mbarara you will buy some cultural products and learn about the Banyankore culture. Your driver will then drive you direct to Bwindi where you will check-in at Buhoma haven lodge, freshen up, have your dinner and overnight as you warm up for an important day ahead.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking and cultural encounters
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up very early in the morning at around 5:30am, take a shower, enjoy your breakfast and pack your lunch box provided at your lodge then meet with your driver who will take you to the headquarters for a briefing before you start the journey to trek the mighty gorilla. At exactly 8:00am, a trained game ranger will lead you through various trails in the thick blush and tall impenetrable forest in search of a habituated Gorilla family that is used to humans. This trail takes around 2-5hours depending on your speed and the location of the gorilla family. Once a certain gorilla family is reached, you will be given only one hour with these primates interacting with them as you learn their behaviors such as feeding habits, breastfeeding, and copulation and many more. During the Gorilla trekking, keep your eyes open in the forest for the possibility of spotting several wildlife species including over 200 different tree species, 120 mammals including elephants, frogs, over 350 bird species and butterflies.
- Community Tours: After trekking, meet up with your driver who will take you back to the lodge, freshen up and go for a community encounters. During the community encounter, you will be able to meet the Batwa clan who are the shortest people in Uganda as they demonstrate for you about the life they used to live in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering in the impenetrable forest. You will enjoy the entertainment by the Batwa people as they sing and dance for you their traditional song and there your will close your day with smiles and return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Return to Kampala – City tour (optional)
- Return to Kampala: Depending on your next destination, it could be a flight back to your home, a drive to the next destination or overnight in Kampala City. You will need to wake up in the morning at around 8:00am, take your breakfast at the lodge, check out of the lodge and meet with your driver to start your journey heading to Kampala, have your late lunch in Kampala, have a little rest then proceed with your next journey and your 3 days trip will be done. Note: in case you want to sleep in Kampala or have a late-night flight, then your tour guide will take you around for a Kampala City tour around Kampala the capital city of Uganda
End of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking
The itinerary includes;
- A gorilla trekking permit
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel
- A full board accommodation for two nights at Buhoma haven lodge
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A tour guide
- All meals including 2 breakfasts, 3 meals for lunch and 2 meals for dinner
- All travel expenses such as visa and tickets
- Alcoholic drinks and all other snacks outs the budgets meal
- Airtime and email services