8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari
8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari consists of 8 days and 7 nights on a Uganda safari exploring the best four national parks in Uganda which include Murchison falls national park, Kibale forest national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, and Bwindi impenetrable national park. This 8 days Uganda safari includes different sightings including different species of wildlife such as the big 5 game, and other mammals, birds, primates including chimpanzees, mountain gorillas, monkeys, and different plants species.
Highlights of 8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Murchison falls national park – Rhino trekking
- Day 2: Morning game drive and boat cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Kibale forest national park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee Trekking and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 5: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise
- Day 6: Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 7: Gorilla trekking
- Day 8: Return to Kampala and departures
Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe International airport Transfer to Murchison
- Transfer to Murchison: On day 1 of 8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari, you will arrive at Entebbe international airport where you will be met by our company driver for a briefing as you set off to Murchison falls national park. The oldest and largest National park in Uganda where you are on a sure deal of sighting the big 5 in one safari. You will have an enroute lunch along the way before proceeding to the park. Upon arrival at Murchison falls national park drive on the top of the falls to have an evening cool breath and then proceed to check-in at any lodge within the park for Dinner and Overnight. Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise with optional hiking to the top of the falls
- Morning game drive: On day 2 of 8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari, you will wake up in the morning for breakfast and then meet with your driver to start the game drive in the park where you will sight lots of mammals such as Leopards, Antelopes, Buffaloes, lions, Uganda Kob, and some primates such as Monkeys, Baboons, and different bird species.
- Boat cruise: once the game drive is done, return to the lodge for lunch then embark on the afternoon boat cruise where you will sail on Murchison falls while sighting out different mammals, birds, and other wildlife along the shores. Boat cruise starts at 2:00 pm. Once the boat cruise is done, you may opt for a 15minutes hike to the top of the falls and then meet with the driver to return to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Kibale National Park in Fortpotal district and do nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary
- Transfer to Kibale: On day 3 of your 8 days safari, you will wake up in the morning, enjoy your breakfast then check out of the lodge to meet with your driver for a drive to Kibale forest National Park home to 13 species of primates.
- Bigodi wetland nature walks: Upon arrival in Kibale check-in at any lodge for lunch and then have an evening guided nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary where you will have a lot of wildlife species to see including primates, birds, mammals and plant botanical species. Once you are done with a nature walk, return to the lodge freshen up, enjoy your dinner and have an overnight sleep. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Day 4: Chimpanzee Trekking and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Chimpanzee trekking: On this day 4 of 8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari, you will wake up as early as possible with breakfast then have your packed lunch box and snacks to meet with the driver for a transfer to the park headquarters for a briefing before embarking on the memorable journey of trekking mighty chimpanzees in their natural habitat. Remember to hire a porter before staring the journey. Chimpanzee trekking lasts between 2-6 hours with just an hour allowed with the chimpanzees.
- Transfer to Queen: Once you are done with chimpanzee trekking, return to the lodge, check out of the lodge and start the journey to Queen Elizabeth National park home to Tree climbing lions. Once you arrive in Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will check-in at any lodge for dinner and overnight stay. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 5: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise
- Morning game drive: On day 5, you are still required to wake up pretty early in the morning, enjoy your breakfast and catch up with your driver before 6:30 am in order to have a view of nocturnal and hunters before they return to their hideouts. Be sure to encounter several wildlife species in the morning including grazing herbivores, nocturnal mammals, hunters, and different bird species among others.
- Evening Boat cruise: Once the game drive is done, return to the lodge for lunch and brief rest as you get ready to cruise on the Kazinga channel in the afternoon. During the boat cruise, you will be surrounded by hippos, elephants and other mammals along the shores as they drink water and cool off their heavy bodies from scotching afternoon heat. Well as soon as you are done with the boat cruise, you will be picked up by the driver to return to the lodge for dinner and overnight rest. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Day 6: Transfer to Bwindi via Ishasha sector
- Tree climbing Lions: On day 6, wake up in the morning on a relaxed breakfast then check out of the lodge and have packed lunch box and drive towards the Ishasha sector for tree-climbing lions. This is the best moment as you will watch lions lazily sleeping in the tree branches unbothered.
- Transfer to Bwindi: once you have really exhausted Ishasha sector, EXIT Queen Elizabeth national park and connect to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park a home to more than 50% of the mountain gorillas that still thrill in the wild. Upon arrival in Bwindi, check-in at any lodge in Bwindi for Dinner and Overnight stay. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 7: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla trekking: Finally a long-awaited day arrives as you wake up in the morning, enjoy your breakfast and then meet with the driver with your packed lunch box to have a ride to the park headquarters for a briefing about dos and don’ts while with mountain gorillas. Once the briefing is done, hire a porter or even two if you can and head out into the jungle to trek mountain gorillas that is expected to be a full day activity. After the Gorilla trekking, you may opt for an evening community walk along the park or just return to the lodge as you wait for dinner and overnight sleep. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Day 8: Return to Kampala and departures
- Return to Kampala: This is your last day of 8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari. You will wake up in the morning, have your breakfast and check out of the lodge to meet with your driver for a journey to Kampala. Keep in mind that this journey takes about 8-10 hours thus you need to be ready for the journey by 7:30 am in order to reach in Kampala in time. Enjoy the enroute lunch in Mbarara city at Igongo cultural center and then have a brief stopover at the equator in Biharwe and proceed to Kampala. Arriving in the evening, proceed to the airport for check-in and departures to the next destination
End of your 8 Days Uganda Primates and Wildlife Safari
- Pickup and drop off at the airport
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Boat cruise
- Entrance fees
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and fuel
- An English speaking tour guide
- A full board accommodation for 7 nights
- All Meals as Per Itinerary
- Drinking water
- All activities as per Itinerary
- Visa and air tickets
- Juices and alcoholic drinks
- Airtime, emails services
- Life insurance
- Other optional activities
See also: 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari