3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari is one of the top Uganda primates safari tours that travelers get to experience when they book chimp tours. This 3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari includes 3 Days and 2 Nights allowing travelers to trek the mighty chimpanzees in their natural habitat. Kibale forest national park still remains the best place to visit for chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda the pearl of Africa due to the fact that Kibale national park is home to over 13 primate species with 5000 chimpanzees making it the number one destination for chimpanzee trekking and primate viewing safari in Uganda. Kibale National Park can easily be accessed by road from Kampala which is a 5-6 hours’ drive.
Highlights of 3Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking safari
- Day1: Transfer to Kibale forest national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest
- Day 3: Return to Kampala for departures
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park
- Transfer to Kibale: On day 1, you will be picked from Entebbe International airport and transferred to Kampala for lunch. After lunch proceeds to Kibale forest national park a primate capital of the world where you will arrive late in the evening, check-in at any lodge for dinner and overnight rest.
- Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking and Bigodi Nature walks
- Chimpanzee Trekking: On this Day 2 of 3 days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking safari, you will wake up early for an early morning breakfast, pack your lunch box and meet with your driver to transfer to the park headquarter for a briefing about the expectations, the Dos and Don’ts while trekking chimpanzees in Kibale. Once the briefing is done, you will head out into the forest in search of habituated chimpanzees alongside armed rangers and the tour guide. During the chimpanzee trekking safari, you will be in a position to encounter other primate species which include; Vervet monkeys, Red colobus monkeys, L’Hoests monkeys, blue monkeys, mangabey monkeys black and white colobus monkeys among others. You will also encounter lots of mammals including Buffaloes, leopard, bush pigs, sitatunga, golden cats, forest hogs, bushbucks, mongoose, duikers, etc. you will also be in position to sight out different species of birds that are eye-catching such as Dusky Crimsonwings, African pitta, Abyssinian ground thrush, Black bee-eater, Purple-breasted sunbird, crowned eagle, Blue-breasted kingfisher, Yellow-rumped tinker bird, Yellow-spotted Nicator, Green-breasted pitta among others.
- Bigodi Nature Walks: After the chimpanzee trek, return to the lodge, freshen up and meet with your driver for an evening Nature walk in Bigodi wetland Sanctuary where you will sight out more primate, mammals, birds and lots of botanical plant species. After the Nature walk, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Return to Kampala for a City tour and departures
- Return to Kampala: On day 3 of 3 days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking safari, you will wake-up on a relaxed breakfast at the lodge, check out of the lodge and meet with your drive to start the journey back to Kampala where you will arrive during lunch hours, enjoy your relaxed lunch, have a brief city tour and transfer to Entebbe International airport for departures to the next destination.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch.
End of the 3 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
What should one pack for 3 days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
Some of the things to add in your backpack for 3 days Kibale chimpanzee trekking safari include;
Assuming that you have already secured your Kibale chimpanzee trekking permit, other things you need are listed below:
A camera should be the first thing in your backpack
Good hiking attire including the long-sleeved attire, garden gloves, good hiking shoes, a hat, sunglasses, and a warmer attire as well
This 3 days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking safari Itinerary Includes;
- Airport pickup and drop off
- A Kibale chimpanzee trekking permit
- Guided nature walks
- A 4x 4 safari vehicle filled with fuel
- A full board accommodation for 2 nights
- An English speaking guide
- All meals as per Itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water
- Exclusives from this 3 days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking safari
- All travel expenses such as Visa and ticket
Other activities excluded from the itinerary
- Tips to the guide and porter
- Life insurance
- Other personal expenses like cigarettes, alcoholic drinks, and other beverages
See also: 2 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking tour