8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari is an amazing tour that will see you travel to Uganda & Rwanda as you explore different tourist destinations. Uganda and Rwanda are the best destinations when it comes to tourism. This 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari will start from Rwandaexploring Kigali city, coffee experience, golden monkey tracking, visiting Iby’Iwacu cultural village, and end in Uganda visiting the Bwindi Impenetrable national park for memorable gorilla trekking and visiting the Batwa, Queen Elizabeth national park for the game drive and boat cruise, trek the chimpanzees in kyambura gorge and finally depart through Entebbe International Airport.
Highlights of the 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival, Kigali City tour and transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 2: Coffee experience and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 3: Golden monkey tracking, Cultural Tour, & Transfer to Bwindi Forest
- Day 4: Mountain Gorilla trekking and cultural encounters
- Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Evening Game Drive
- Day 6: Morning Game drive in kasenyi plains and an evening boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Day 7: Chimpanzee trekking in kyambura gorge and transfer to Kampala
- Day 8: Morning Kampala City tour and Departures
Details of the Tour
Day 1: Arrival, Kigali City tour and transfer to Gisenyi
- Kigali City Tour: On your first day of the 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari, you will arrive at Kigali airport where you will find our company driver waiting for you. Depending on the arrival time, you will have lunch and then proceed for an evening Kigali city tour where you will visit the genocide memorial sites, visit the craft shops for some souvenirs, and visit some markets.
- Transfer to Gisenyi: You will then transfer to Gisenyi where you will check-in at Lake Kivu Serena Hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Coffee experience and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Coffee Experience: Wake up in the morning at your hotel, enjoy your breakfast and meet with your driver to set off for coffee experience where you will learn about all stages of coffee right from Planting, harvesting, roasting, grinding, packing and finally have a taste on the final coffee.
- Transfer to Volcanoes National Park: After the coffee experience, return to your lodge for lunch, check out and transfer to Volcanoes National Park where you will check-in at Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel for Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Golden monkey tracking, Cultural Tour, & Transfer to Bwindi Forest
- Golden Monkey Tracking: As usual, wake up early in the morning have your heavy breakfast at the lodge and meet with your driver who will drive you to the park headquarters for a briefing before you start your tracking. Golden monkey tracking lasts between 2-3 hours depending on the tracking speed and your fitness to reach these beautiful primates.
- Cultural Tour: After tracking, return to the lodge for lunch, relax your mind, and then meet you’re your driver for an evening cultural encounters where you will meet the Iby’Iwacu cultural village to enjoy the best traditional entertainment of your life by these beautiful people.
- Transfer to Bwindi: Return to the lodge checks out to meet your driver to begin your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via the Cyanika border arriving late in the evening. On arrival at Bwindi impenetrable National Park, check-in at Mahogany Springs Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Mountain Gorilla trekking and cultural encounters
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: On this beautiful day of your 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari, wake up very early in the morning at around 5:30 am , have a heavy breakfast, pack your lunch box provided at the lodge and by 6:30 am meet with your driver who will drive you the park headquarters where you will be briefed about the rules and regulations of gorilla trekking. After the briefing, armed rangers will lead you into several trails in search of Habituated gorilla families and once a certain habituated family is spotted, you will be given one hour in close contact with it taking photographs and learning all behaviors about these endangered primates in their natural habitat. This trek will take you about 1-7 hours depending on the trekking speed and the location of the gorilla family where it was seen nesting the previous evening.
- Batwa Experience: After gorilla trekking, return to the lodge freshen up and go for an even community encounters where you meet the Batwa clan who are the shortest people in Uganda as they demonstrate for you about the life they used to live in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering in the impenetrable forest. You will enjoy the entertainment by the Batwa people as they sing and dance for you their traditional song and there your will close your day with smiles as you return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Evening Game Drive
- Transfer to Queen: Keeping in mind that the drive from Bwindi impenetrable national park to Queen Elizabeth national park takes around 3-4 hours. Well you will need to wake-up early in the morning, take your breakfast, check out of the lodge and meet your driver to embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park via Ishasha sector for a tree-climbing lions experience and then proceed and check in at park view lodge, have your lunch, fresh up and warm up for an evening game drive.
- Evening Game Drive: After relaxing your mind, you will be driven straight to Kasenyi plains in the eastern part of the park for an evening game drive where you will spot some lions in the eastern parts of kasenyi plains and some Nocturnal mammals as they come out of their hideouts in search of food in the park. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Morning Game drive in kasenyi plains and an evening boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Morning Game Drive: Wake up early in the morning at around 5:30 am, enjoy your breakfast and meet with your driver to take you for a morning game drive in kasenyi plains. This game drive starts early in the morning at 6:30 am and lasts between 5-6hours with the possibility of viewing several nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return to their hideouts. You will also view several herbivores such as Uganda kob, Buffaloes and elephants plus other mammals as they feast on the fresh vegetation early in the morning. After the game drive, return to your lodge for lunch as you warm up for an interesting evening boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: An evening boat cruise starts at 2:00 pm and you will be cruising on the Kazinga channel found in the Mweya Peninsula which is home to several Hippos so be sure to see more than enough of them yarning and bath along the Kazinga channel. Several herds of herbivores such as Buffalos, Uganda Kob, Elephants and many more are also seen along this channel as they quench their thirst. After the boat cruise, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Chimpanzee trekking in kyambura gorge and transfer to Kampala
- Chimpanzee Trekking: You will need to wake up a bit early, prepare yourself, enjoy your breakfast, pack your lunch box, snacks and enough drinking water, then meet your driver who will drive you to the office for a briefing on how to do Chimpanzee Trekking and then set off to begin the Chimpanzee trekking process in Kyambura Gorge. The trekking usually begins early in the morning where you will be in a position to find the chimpanzees just waking up from their nests where they slept the previous night. Kyambura Gorge is a place you should not miss out on during your safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Kyambura gorge sector is best known for chimpanzee trekking and is found inside queen Elizabeth National Park. An armed tour guide will escort you deep in the thick gorge of savannah grassland in search of the habituated chimpanzees and once a certain group is located, you will be given one hour in presence of these shy primates as you learn more about their behaviors including the feeding and mating behaviors. Chimpanzee trekking will take around 2-6 hours depending on your trekking speed and the distance moved by these primates in search of food in the forest. The chimpanzee trekking is always considered as a full day activity because no one is sure of how long it will take to find a habituated chimpanzee group since they always move to and fro in search of shoots to eat inside the forest.
- Return to Kampala: After trekking, you will meet your driver who will return you to the lodge to fresh up and check out and start your journey heading to Kampala City with a stopover at the equator for the photographs and then arrive in Kampala late in the night, check-in at any lodge in Kampala for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Morning Kampala City tour and Departures
- Kampala City tour: This is the last day of your 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari, and you got to relax your mind as much as you can. After waking up, enjoy your breakfast, then meet with your driver for a full day the city tour with lunch at any designated hotel in Kampala. The Kampala city tour will start from the Namugongo catholic shrines, Bahai temple, Gadhafi mosque, visiting the Nakasero market for some fruits and vegetables, Visit Ndere troupe for the cultural entertainment, visit the craft shops for some souvenirs. After the Kampala city tour return to your lodge, freshen up, check out and then the driver will drop you at Entebbe international airport to proceed with your next destination
The Itinerary includes
- A Ugandan Gorilla trekking permit
- Golden monkey Tracking
- Park entrance fees
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel for the entire safari
- Enough bottled drinking water throughout the safari
- An English speaking tour guide
- All meals as per itinerary
- All travel expenses such as visa to Kigali, the ticket to Kigali and ticket from Entebbe airport back to your home
- Alcoholic drinks
- Airtime and email services
- And all other personal needs like buying souvenirs
- Life insurance
End of your 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari