2 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali tour is one of the shortest safari tours where a traveler is able to complete their Uganda gorilla safari in 2 days. Gorilla trekking in Uganda is mainly done in Bwindi impenetrable national park.
Bwindi impenetrable national park is one of the best Ecosystem in Africa located in Kanungu district and is best known for harboring half of the mountain gorillas that exist in the world today making it the best destination for gorilla trekking in Uganda and Africa at large. 2 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali tour will offer you an opportunity of coming close to these special primates in their natural habitat.
An itinerary for 2 Days gorilla trekking Uganda from Kigali
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Bwindi
- Transfer From Kigali: The journey from Kigali to Bwindi is around a 4-5 hour drive through the Kigali-katuna-Kabale road. On your first day of the trip, our company driver will pick you up at your lodge in Kigali or at the airport and drive you to Bwindi impenetrable national park to Buhoma Haven lodge, check-in has your lunch depending on your arrival time and relax. In case you arrive early, you will do an evening community walk.
- Batwa Trail Experience: Taking an evening community walk along with the ranger guide will lead through the trail where you will meet the native clan of Batwa best known as hunters and gatherers who will entertain you through their traditional dances and also elaborate more about their accent ways of life while in the forest.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Return to Kigali
- Gorilla Trekking: On this day two of your trip, you are required to wake up very early in the morning at around 5:30am, enjoy your breakfast and pack your lunch box then meet with your driver who will take you to the headquarters for a briefing before you start your journey to trek the mighty gorillas. At exactly 8:00 am, a trained game ranger will lead you through several trails in the thick forest in search of a habituated Gorilla family that is used to humans. This trail takes around 2-5hours depending on your speed and the location of the gorilla family. Once a certain gorilla family is reached, you will be given only one hour with these primates interacting with them as you learn their behaviors such as feeding habits, breastfeeding, and copulation and many more. During the Gorilla trekking, keep your eyes open in the forest for the possibility of spotting several wildlife species including mammals and several bird species.
- Return to Kigali: After trekking, meet up with your driver who will take you back to the lodge, freshen up, check out and start your journey to Kigali again. Your driver will drive you safely to either your lodge in Kigali or to the airport in case you want to depart and that’s the end of your two days trip
End of the 2 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali tour
The itinerary includes;
- A gorilla trekking permit
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel
- A full board accommodation for one night at Buhoma haven lodge
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A tour guide
- All meals
- All travel expenses such as visa and tickets
- Alcoholic drinks
- Airtime and email services
- And all other personal needs