3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali safari is one of the most sought for safari packages for the Gorilla Trekking safari tourists. Bwindi impenetrable national park is one of the best Ecosystems in Africa located in Kanungu district and is home to half of the mountain gorillas that exist in the world today making it the best destination for gorilla trekking in Uganda and Africa at large. 3 days Gorilla trek in Bwindi impenetrable national park from Kigali will offer you a great opportunity of coming close to Gorillas in their natural habitat
Highlights of the 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Community walk (optional)
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali – City tour
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: Keeping in mind that the distance from Kigali City to Bwindi is around 4-5 hour drive through the Kigali-Katuna-Kabale–Kanungu. On your first day of the 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali safari, our company driver will pick you from Kigali and drive you to Bwindi impenetrable national park with a stopover in Kabale town where you will buy some fruits and have your lunch and then proceed to the park where you will check-in at Buhoma Haven lodge have your dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Community walk (optional)
- Gorilla Trekking: Gorilla trekking starts early in the morning with a briefing so you will wake early at around 5:30am, take a bath, have your breakfast served, pack your lunch box lodge and meet with your driver who will take you to the headquarters for a briefing before you start the gorilla trekking. At exactly 8:00am, a trained game ranger will lead you through various trails in the thick blush and tall impenetrable forest in search of a habituated Gorilla family. This trail takes around 2-6 hours depending on your trekking speed and the location of the Gorilla family. Once a certain Gorilla family is reached, you will be given only one hour in the presence of these primates interacting with them as you learn their behaviors such as feeding habits, breastfeeding among others. During Gorilla trekking, you will be able see the beautiful fauna and flora of Bwindi Impenetrable forest including the several tree species, mammals such as elephants, several bird species, frogs, and several butterflies.
- Community Walk: After trekking, meet up with your driver who will take you back to the lodge, freshen up and go for an evening community walk. During the community walk, you will be able to meet the Batwa People who are believed to be the shortest people in Uganda. These Batwa people will demonstrate for you about the life they lived in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering in the impenetrable forest and conclude your day 2 with the entertainment by the Batwa people as they sing and dance for you their traditional song and there you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali – City tour
- Return to Kigali: This is the last day of your 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali. You will wake up pretty early but not very early, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge, prepare yourself, check out of the lodge and meet with your driver to start your journey back to Kigali with a stopover in Kabale for lunch. Then cross through the Katuna border and enter into Kigali where you will do a city tour.
- Kigali City Tour: During the city tour, you will have an ultimate view of Kigali, visit the Kigali memorial Genocide where Rwandese commemorate what happened during the 1994 Rwanda genocide, then visit the inema art center, yego arts, ibuka, and uburanga. Move kimironko market where you will buy some fruits, clothes. Take a walk of Nyamirambo where you will encounter with the nyamirambo women’s center, and enjoy the congestion of the street, unlike other streets which are always empty. In this area there are several Muslims and their mosques, saloons, bars, tailors among others. Go for souvenir shopping where you will buy some baskets, poo paintings, and carvings, take a 30 minutes sunset motor ride which starts at 5:30pm.
- Drop off: After the city tour, your driver will drive to your hotel in Kigali where you were picked on your day one of the trips.
- End of the 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali safari
The itinerary includes;
- A Ugandan Gorilla Trekking permit
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel
- A full board accommodation for two nights at Buhoma haven lodge
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A tour guide
- All meals
- All travel expenses (visa and tickets)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Airtime and email services
- All your personal shopping