5 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
5 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari offers an a rich experience of both Uganda gorilla trekking down at the jungles of the rich bwindi forest national park and other thrilling wildlife encounter at queen Elizabeth national park over looking the great Rwenzori mountains. Another highlight is the amazing ishaha sector of queen Elizabeth park patched between Bwindi and queen elizabeth park. It offers interesting sightings of the rare tree climbing lions some what unique character of lions that can only be found in ishaha and lake Manyara Park in Tanzania.
Day 1: Pick-up and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to queen elizabeth park:Depending on your location in Kampala, you will be picked-up by our company representative/guide who will then transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park. It’s a 6 hours’ drive with en-routes at the stopover at the equator, proceed for lunch in Mbarara town. On arrival in the park, you will proceed and check in your lodge for relaxation.
Dinner and overnight stay at Parkview Safari lodge for Mid-range/Pumba cottages for Budget/Mweya Safari lodge for luxury
Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise.
- Game drive:You will wake up early, have breakfast and embank for an early morning game drive in the Kisenyi region. While on the game drive, expect to see the big four game, antelopes, giraffes, warthogs and white Colobus monkeys just to mention a few.
- Afternoon boat cruise: You will then return to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon, you will go for a launch cruise along Kazinga channel where you will get an opportunity to see a number of bird species, elephants and buffalos, hippos and crocodiles at the lake shores. Return and relax at lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Drive to bwindi: After breakfast early in the morning, transfer to Ishasha sector for an opportunity to spot the tree climbing lions, have lunch then after embark your 4-5 hours journey to Bwindi national park. Arrive in the park late afternoon and connect to your lodge for relaxation. Dinner and overnight stay at Buhoma Haven lodge/Bakiga lodge/Buhoma lodge
Day 4: Gorilla trekking experience
- Gorilla trekking:Have breakfast and transfer you to park offices for briefing about Mountain Gorilla trekking by a local guide. The time taken is usually between 2-8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. Meeting the gorillas unexpectedly is one of the most captivating lifetime experiences. You will have a chance to observe and take pictures at very close range. You will observe adults feeding and groaning among themselves. After an hour with the long-awaited gorillas, your guide and rangers will lead you back to the starting point where your driver will readily be waiting to transfer you back to the lodge for a restful evening.
Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: Wake up early and enjoy your breakfast. Later meet with the guide/driver for your long day transfer back to Kampala. This journey takes 8-9 hours on road including en routes. Arrive in Entebbe and proceed to the airport for your return flight back home. End of 5 Days uganda gorilla and wildlife safari