4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour is a short amazing tour to western Uganda to enjoy the gorilla trekking experience and a refreshing tour to Lake Bunyonyi. Bwindi impenetrable national park is located in Kanungu district in western Uganda and is best known for harboring half of the world’s Gorillas that exist today thus making it the best destination for gorilla trekking in the Uganda and Africa at large.
On the other hand, Lake Bunyonyi is located in Kabale district also found in western Uganda and is known to be the deepest lake in Uganda and the second deepest in Africa after Lake Tanganyika.
The 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour will give you the best experience of coming close to the Mountain Gorillas, several mammals, bird species, and water bodies among others.
Highlights of 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and an optional community walk
- Day 3: Boat cruise on Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: Return to Kampala- city tour (optional)
Details of the Tour
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On the 1st day of your 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala City or from Entebbe international airport or anywhere around Kampala as communicated early and start the journey heading to Bwindi passing through the Kampala- Masaka-Mbarara- Kabale road. Make a stopover at the equator for some beautiful photographs and then proceed to Mbarara where you will have another stop for lunch at Igongo Cultural Centre in Mbarara you will buy some cultural products and learn about the Banyankore culture. Your driver will then drive you direct to Bwindi where you will check-in at Buhoma haven lodge, freshen up, have your dinner and overnight as you warm up for an important day ahead.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking and community walk
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: On the 2nd day of your 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour, wake-up early in the morning at around 5:30 am, enjoy your breakfast and pack your lunch box provided at your lodge then meet with your driver who will take you to the headquarters for a briefing before you start the journey to trek the mighty gorilla. At exactly 8:00 am, a trained game ranger will lead you through various trails in the thick forest of Bwindi impenetrable forest in search of a habituated Gorilla family that is used to humans. This trail takes around 2-5hours depending on your speed and the location of the gorilla family. Once a certain gorilla family is reached, you will be given only one hour with these primates interacting with them as you learn their behaviors such as feeding habits, breastfeeding, and copulation and many more. In the process of Gorilla trekking, keep your eyes open in the forest for the possibility of spotting several wildlife including over 200 different tree species, 120 mammals including elephants, frogs, over 350 bird species and butterflies.
- Community Walk: After trekking, meet up with your driver who will take you for a community walk. You will be able to meet the Batwa clan who are the shortest people in Uganda as they demonstrate for you about their previous life in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering in the impenetrable forest. You will enjoy the entertainment by the Batwa people as they sing and dance for you their traditional song and there your will close your day with smiles. After the community walk, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi – Evening Boat Cruise
- Lake Bunyonyi Experience: You will wake up early in the morning, have your breakfast the checkout of the lodge and meet your driver to start your journey to Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale district. On arrival, Check-in at Arcadia lodges, have your lunch and proceed for an evening boat cruise on the lake bunyonyi where you will see several water birds and viewing the kigezi hills. After the boat cruise, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Return to Kampala – City tour (Optional)
- Return to Kampala: Depending on your next destination, it could be a flight back to your home, a drive to the next destination or an overnight in Kampala, you will need to wake up in the morning at around 8:00am, take your breakfast at the lodge, check out of the lodge and meet with your driver to start your journey heading to Kampala, have your late lunch in Kampala, have a little rest then proceed with your next journey and your 4 days safari will be done.
Note: in case you want to sleep in Kampala or have a late-night flight, then your tour guide will take you around Kampala for an evening City tour around Kampala the capital city of Uganda
End of the 4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour
The4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking & Lake Bunyonyi tour itinerary includes;
- A gorilla trekking permit
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel
- A full board accommodation for 3 nights
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A tour guide
- All meals as per itinerary
- All travel expenses such as visa and tickets
- Alcoholic drinks and all other snacks outs the budgets meal
- Airtime and email services
- Life insurance