5 Days Kidepo National Park & Sipi Falls tour is one of the most fascination Uganda safari packages where a traveler gets a taste of wildlife and nature in one package. Kidepo National park is found in northeastern Uganda bordering Sudan and Kenya. This park lies in the wilderness and was gazetted in 1962 and is best known for its beautiful sceneries for birding and game drive ranging from the vegetation full of the evergreen plants and wildlife as will be seen during your 5 Days Kidepo National Park & Sipi Falls tour.
On the other hand, Sipi falls are found in the Kapchorwa district in Uganda and they are the best destinations for visitors who enjoy hiking. During your 5 Days Kidepo National Park & Sipi Falls tour, be sure to sight out several mammals, several water birds, a view of Mount Elgon, and much more wildlife, among others that will make your trip a colorful one.
Highlights of the 5 Days Kidepo National Park & Sipi Falls tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Sipi falls & Hiking Sipi Falls
- Day 2: Coffee tour, transfer to Soroti for Nyero rock painting, Soroti rocks climbing and transfer to Kidepo national park
- Day 3: Full day game drive
- Day 4: Morning game drive and evening community walk
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala
Detailed Tour Package
Day 1: Travel to Sipi falls & Hiking Sipi waterfalls
- Transfer to Sipi Falls: Get up very early in the morning, take your breakfast and prepare yourself for a pick up at your designated location. It should be inside Kampala City or a nearby place for easy allocation and catching up with time. At around 6:30 am, your journey will start from your location heading to the Sipi falls. And we shall take a Kampala – Mbale – Soroti – Moroto – Kotido – Kaabong – Kidepo route. Make a stopover at Kayanja trading Centre just after Mukono town where you will take a dirt road to Sezibwa falls which are well known as the traditional falls for the Buganda kingdom. Here you will watch black water as it tumbles through the rock and most locals congest the fall in belief that it’s the source of blessings to them. Enjoy the entertainment of cultural music and dance, you will have some souvenirs for yourself. After this short visit on the Sezibwa falls, you will drive back to the main road where you will buy some snacks, roasted plantain (gonja), roasted chicken that will be eaten along the way as you head to Jinja with another stopover in Jinja town for lunch, you can visit the source of the Nile and Mahatma Gandhi statue in Jinja before for lunch.
- Hike to the sipi Falls: After lunch, the driver will take you directly to the top of the Sipi falls starting with the tallest fall which is 100m and you will descend to the main fall, ascend again on the second fall which is 85m, then descend till you reach on the shortest fall which is 75m. The total hike will take you around 4-5 hours. During the hiking, you will be able to view the beautiful sceneries of Mount Elgon, the plains, and the sunset on top of the falls. After hiking the falls, you will be driven to Sipi River Lodge for check-in, dinner, and overnight.
“Note: Top of fall is a tiring but enjoyable experience thus to do it, you need to be physically fit and in good health because it needs a lot of energy to reach the top.”
Day 2: Coffee tours and transfer to Soroti and Transfer to Kidepo National park
- Coffee Tour Experience: Wake up early in the morning take your shower, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge meet your driver, check out and meet your driver for a coffee tour where you will be able to visit the coffee plantation and learn all the stages of coffee production right from planting, weeding, pruning, harvesting, drying, roasting, grinding and packing and be given an opportunity to taste the freshly prepared coffee tea at the farm.
- Rock Climbing & Transfer to Kidepo: You will continue to Soroti check-in at landmark hotel, enjoy your lunch and then do an evening rock climbing where you will have the best view of the Soroti city, view the caves and then return to your lodge for lunch, check out and start your journey to Kidepo national park. When you arrive at the park, check-in at Apoka lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Full day game drive
- Full-Day Game Drive: Wake up early in the morning at around 5:30 am, have your breakfast, and meet your driver for an early morning game drive which begins at 6:30 with a briefing at the office. This day three of your 5 Days Kidepo National Park & Sipi Falls tour will offer you the best sighting in the wilderness of Kidepo valley national park. I will recommend you to pack your lunch box in order to spend your entire day game driving during the morning game drive, you will see several Nocturnal mammals returning in their hideouts, several carnivores which hunt at night before they return in their hideouts. These mammals include the cheetah, hyenas, fox, caracal, and many more hunters. After a 5-6 hours’ drive, you will enjoy your lunch and do an afternoon game drive where you will see several mammals flocking the Narus valley for water and cooling their bodies from the strong heat from the sun, several mammals spotted during the afternoon include the Elephants, Uganda kob, Zebras, Eland, Buffalos, lions, bush pigs, duikers and many more mammals, several bird species including the Ostriches, beautiful butterflies among others. Return to your lodge after a fruitful day for dinner and overnight
Day 4: Morning Game drive and evening community walk
- Game Drive: You will wake up early again, have your breakfast and meet your driver to go for a morning game drive where you will spot other wildlife which you could have missed out during the previous gams drive and even see more of the ones which were already seen in the previous days to have a wholesome game drive experience in the wilderness of Kidepo national park.
- Community Tour: After the drive, have your lunch and then head for an evening community walk where you will visit the Karamojong community for the beautiful dance and drama, you may also have a dance to close your evening with smiles and then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight
Day 5: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: This is the last day of your trip, you will wake up in the morning, have the breakfast, check out of the lodge and around 8:00 am, start your journey heading to Kampala via Gulu – Kitgum with a stopover for lunch in any town along the road. Keeping in mind that the journey from Kidepo to Kampala takes around 11-12 hours, you will arrive in Kampala late in the evening where the driver will drop you at your hotel in Kampala or at the airport
End of the 5 Days Kidepo National Park & Sipi Falls tour
The itinerary includes;
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- Full board accommodation for 4 nights at various lodges
- Entrance fee
- A full trip English guide
- Bottled drinking water
- All meals as per Itinerary
- An English speaking tour guide
- Visa and air ticket
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance while on trip
See also: 3 Days Kidepo National Park Safari