1 Day Itanda falls tour is one of the shortest tours to Jinja Source of the Nile where unique activities like Water rafting are done as we explore the Nile Waters. The Itanda falls are found on the River Nile which is believed to be originating from Jinja. Jinja town is the best destination and adventurous town for visitors on a Uganda safari.
Your one day tour on the Nile falls alongside mabira forest will offer you great unforgettable moment after the birding in mabira forest, and other several activities on the Nile Falls which include white water rafting, bungee jumping, kayaking, sport fishing, quad biking among others
Highlights of the 1 Day Itanda Falls Tour
- Birding in mabira forest
- Ziplining in mabira forest
- What water Rafting on the Nile
- Quad biking
- Bungee jumping
Detailed Safari Itinerary
- Transfer to Jinja: On this day, you will be picked up from your lodge in Kampala City or a nearby place by our company driver and start your journey heading the falls using a Kampala -Jinja highway. Make a stopover along the road for some snacks, roasted plantain (gonja), roasted chicken that will be eaten along the way.
- Mabira Forest Experience: Make another stopover at mabira forest for birding and zip lining experience where several bird species will be seen and heard singing in the canopy on top of the trees. You will also see several plant species of the tropical rain forest, several beautiful butterflies and on a beautiful day you will be able to see monkeys in the forest. After birding and ziplining in mabira, you proceed with your journey heading to the falls and make another stop in Jinja town for a city tour. On your way, you will be able to see the beautiful sceneries of tea and sugar cane plantations near the roadside.
- Jinja Source of the Nile Experience: After arriving in Jinja town, you will walk towards the Jinja railway station where you will see the railway line that connects Uganda and Kenya, visit the Gandhi statue, visit the craft shop for some souvenirs then have your lunch in town and set off to the Itanda falls for the evening white water Rafting on the Nile where you will spot several water birds and other mammals as they flock the Nile to quench their thirst, enjoy Bungee jumping, Kayaking, Quad biking and Sportfishing.
- Return to Kampala: After exploiting the fall and the several activities around the Nile, meet with your driver and return to Kampala. You will be returned to your hotel where you were picked in the morning or to the airport in case you want to depart.
End of the 1 Day Itanda falls tour
The itinerary includes
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- An English speaking tour guide
- Enough bottled drinking water
- All activities included in the itinerary
The itinerary excludes
- Visa and ticket fees
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance cover
- Airtime and emails cost
See also: 1 Day source of the Nile tour