1 Day source of the Nile tour is an amazing short Uganda Safari tour where travelers get to visit the start of the longest river in Africa and engage in unique tour activities. River Nile is believed to be originating from Jinja. Jinja town is the best destination and adventurous town for visitors on a Ugandan safari due to its attractions ranging from the source of the Nile which most visitors on a Ugandan safari should not miss to see. River Nile is knowns as the second longest river in the world after the Amazon River. The 1 day source of the Nile tour will help you to explore the exact starting point of the River Nile which was discovered by Speke.
Highlights of the 1 day source of the Nile tour
- Birding in mabira forest
- Ziplining in mabira forest
- Boat cruise to the source of the Nile
- Visiting the craft shops
- Visiting Mahatma Gandhi
- Transfer to Jinja: On this beautiful day, you will be picked up from your lodge in Kampala City and driven by our company driver towards Jinja. Make a stopover along the road for some snacks, roasted plantain (gonja), roasted chicken that will be eaten along the way.
- Mabira Forest Experience: You will have a stopover at Mabira Forest for birding where several voices of the birds will be heard up in the canopy as they sing beautiful and sweet melodies and then do a zip- lining in the tropical rain forest. After birding and zip lining in mabira, you proceed towards Jinja town. On your way, you will be able to see the beautiful sceneries of tea and sugar cane plantations.
- Jinja Source of the Nile Experience: After arriving in Jinja town, you will have your lunch at Gately on Nile Hotel and thereafter lunch, do a city tour of Jinja town where you will walk towards the Jinja railway station where you will see the railway line that connects Uganda and Kenya, visit the Gandhi statue, craft shops where you will buy some beautiful souvenirs and conclude your tour a boat cruise which will take you to the exact source of the Nile river where you will see several water birds and the Speke monument.
- Return to Kampala: Then your driver will drive you back to Kampala to your hotel or to the airport in case you want to depart to another destination.
End of the 1 Day Source of the Nile tour
The itinerary includes
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- An English speaking tour guide
- Enough bottled drinking water
The itinerary excludes
- Visa and ticket fees
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance cover
- Airtime and emails cost
See also: 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park tour