2 Days Lake Mburo National Park tour is a short Uganda Safaris Package that takes you to one of the National Parks in Uganda with amazing Wildlife species and activities. Lake Mburo national park is the smallest national park in Uganda located in Kiruhura district in western Uganda along Masaka-Mbarara road. The park is best known for harboring the unique mammals such the Impalas, elands and the antelopes alongside other several wildlife such as beautiful savanna vegetation, several bird species, butterflies and many more
The 2 days Lake Mburo national park tour will lead you to cruise on one of the five lakes found in the park, a game drive that will take you inside the park and give you greater sighting of mammals, birds and beautiful butterflies in the park.
Highlights of the 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo, Evening boat cruise and Night game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo, Evening boat cruise and night game drive
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: You will be picked up from Kampala City or Entebbe international airport early in the morning and transferred to Lake Mburo national park with a stopover at the Equator for some beautiful photographs. The drive from Kampala to the Lake Mburo national park is about 3 – 4 hours.
- Check-in: On reaching the park, you will check-in at Arcadia Cottages lodge Lake Mburo for midrange, have your lunch and relax your mind as you prepare yourself for an evening boat Cruise.
- Boat Cruise: The cruise on Lake Mburo will bring you face to face with beautiful fauna and flora including several mammals such as otters, buffalos, antelopes, several hippos and crocodiles. Keeping your eyes open will also lead you to the spotting of several bird species including the rare shoebill, African fish eagle, kingfishers, blue-headed weaver birds, herons, and many more waterbirds.
- Evening Game Drive: After a 2- 3 hours boat cruise, return to your lodge fresh up and go for an evening game drive which begins at 6:30 pm. There is also a night game drive with a professional armed ranger which offers you the better chances of watching several nocturnal mammals such as porcupines, bushbabys, and lions coming out of their hideouts in search of food in the park since they are always active at night. After the night drive, return to your lodge, enjoy your dinner and rest from a tiring day
Day 2: Morning Game drive and Return to Kampala
- Game Drive: Morning game drive in Lake Mburo national park starts around 6:30 am. On your last day of the trip, you will wake early at 5:30 am, have your breakfast, meet your driver and start a morning game drive. This drive will be the best experience of your trip as you will be able to see several ground mammals and nocturnal mammals in abundance. These mammals include the elands, zebras, giraffes, warthogs, impalas, waterbuck and herds of cattle as they all graze on the fresh vegetation early in the morning. This will take you between 5-6 hours driving inside the park.
- Return to Kampala: After the game drive, return to the lodge for lunch, prepare yourself, check out, and at around 3:00 pm meet your driver and start the journey to Kampala.
- Brief City Tour: On reaching Kampala, your may have an evening Kampala city tour before proceeding to your next destination.
End of the 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park Tour
The Itinerary includes
- Park entrance fee
- Full board one-night accommodation at Arcadia cottages lake Mburo
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel
- A tour guide
- Boat cruise
- Game drives
- Equator experimental fee
- All the travel expenses such as visa and air tickets
- Alcoholic beverages and juices
- Life insurance