3 Days Kidepo National Park Safari is a short safari tour that takes us to northern Uganda to view the vast wildlife species in Kidepo National Park. Kidepo National park located in the northeastern part of Uganda bordering Sudan and Kenya. This park lies in the wilderness and was gazetted in 1962 and is best known for its beautiful sceneries for birding and game drive ranging from the vegetation and wildlife as will be seen during your 3 days Kidepo national park safari
Highlights of the 3 Days Kidepo National Park Safari
- Day 1: Fly from Entebbe international Airport –evening Game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Evening Community walks
- Day 3: Morning Game drive and fly back to Entebbe international airport
Day 1: Flight to Kidepo national park & Evening game drive
- Flight to Kidepo National Park: Depending on your landing time at Entebbe airport, you will take flight heading to Kidepo national park which makes a stopover at Murchison falls national park. During your flight, you will have an aerial view of the landscape including some wildlife such as elephants, lions, buffalos, spotted and stripped hyenas all seen from above. On your arrival at Kidepo national park, our tour guide will be ready to welcome you and take you to check-in at Apoka safari lodge, relax from a flight and have your lunch served at the lodge.
- Game Drive: After lunch, meet your driver for an afternoon game drive where you will drive deep in the thick blush towards the Narus valley where after game drives are always conducted with possibility of sighting several mammals as they flock and congest the valley to quench their thirst and cool their bodies from the strong heat from the sun, several mammals spotted during the afternoon include the Elephants, Uganda kob, Zebras, Eland, Buffalos, lions, bush pigs, duikers and many more mammals, several bird species including the Ostriches, beautiful butterflies among others. This afternoon game drive will take you up to evening where you will see the Nocturnal mammals and hunters coming out of their hideouts to look for food in the night. Return to your lodge after a fruitful evening for dinner and overnight
Day 2: Morning game drive and Evening Community walks
- Game Drive: You will wake up early around 5:30 am in the morning, have your breakfast served and meet your driver for a morning game drive which starts at 6:30 am with a briefing at the office. During this game drive, you will spot a variety of wildlife which you could have missed out during the previous evening drive and even see more of the ones which were already seen in the previous drive to have a wholesome game drive. You will watch several bird species including the ostriches and many more birds alongside butterflies.
- Community Walks: After the drive, have your lunch and then proceed for an evening community walk where you will visit the Karamojong community for the beautiful entertainments full of dance and drama, you may also have a dance to close your evening with smiles and then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Morning game drive and return to Entebbe international airport
- Morning Game Drive: Rise in the morning, take your breakfast, and meet your driver for a morning game drive before you exit the park. On this day, you will sum-up the game drive in the Kidepo national park and I am sure you will exhaust the biggest percentage of the wildlife in the park. After the morning gam drive, return to your lodge for lunch, check out exit the park and take a flight back to Entebbe or Kajjansi airstrip to proceed to your next destination.
End of the 3 Days Kidepo National Park Safari
The 3 Days Kidepo National Park Safari Itinerary includes
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- Full board accommodation for 2 nights at Apoka safari lodge
- Park Entrance fee
- A full trip English guide
- Bottled drinking water
- All meals as per Itinerary
- An English speaking tour guide
- Visa and air ticket
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance while on trip
See also: 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Adventure