2 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking tour
2 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking tour is short Uganda Primates safari tour that takes you to Kibale Forest to view the amazing chimpanzee species. Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National park is such a fascinating activity where trekkers spend enough time with the already habituated chimpanzees in the wild. Kibale Forest National Park is known as the home to 13 primate species with the chimpanzees topping the list and others follow making chimpanzee trekking tour the most enjoyable tour while in Kibale forest national park. This park is situated in the western part of Uganda in Fort portal district and was established in order to protect the endangered chimpanzees in their natural habitat.
To enjoy this 2days chimpanzee trekking tour, you will need to book a flight that departs late in the night so as to have ample time with the primates at ease. This 2days chimpanzee trekking tour will start from Entebbe and end in Entebbe
Highlights of the 2 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking tour
- Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe to Kampala and then to Kibale forest National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking, return to Kampala and departures
Day 1: Pick – Up from Entebbe, transfer to Kampala and then to Kibale Forest National Park
- Arrival & Transfer to Kibale: Upon arrival at Entebbe International airport, our company driver will pick you up and transfer you to Kampala City for a brief city tour with lunch in any hotel with in Kampala. During the city tour, you will visit the places of worship including mosques and churches, visit the markets for some fruits and souvenirs, and also visit the Idi Amini’s torture chambers, the Kabaka’s palace and many more. after the city tour starts the journey to kibale forest national park which is about 5-6 hours’ drive arriving late in the night, check-in at Chimpanzee Guest House for your dinner and have an overnight.
- Meal plan lunch and dinner
Day 2: Morning chimpanzee trekking, return to Kampala and Departures
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Well, this is the most interesting day in your life and all you need is to wake up early in the morning at around 5:30 am, have your heavy breakfast served at the Hotel, Pack the lunch box and then meet with your guide who will take you to the park headquarters for a briefing before setting off to trek the chimpanzees. Briefing normally starts at 7:30 am and by 8:00 am the adventure of trekking the mighty chimpanzees start enabling you to trail via thick blush. Chimpanzee trekking lasts about 2-8 hours depending on the trekking speed and the movement of the chimpanzees from the place where they were seen nesting the previous night. However, once a certain family of chimpanzees is spotted, you will be given just one in presence of the chimpanzees interacting with them while learning their behaviors including feeding, breastfeeding, copulating and many more. You will be allowed to take as many photographs as possible as long as you don’t exceed one hour. However, keep in mind that your camera has to be in silent mode and without the flashlight while you capture those unique photographs to stick in your album for memorial purposes. –During the chimpanzee trekking, you will have an opportunity to encounter other primates such as monkeys since kibale forest national park is home to the biggest population of primates in Uganda, you will also meet several mammals that dwell in the forest such as Buffalos, elephants, antelopes, several bird species, butterflies and lots of plant species all inside the forest.
- Departure: After trekking, meet with your driver to return you to the hotel where you will freshen- up, check out and embark on the journey to Kampala to catch your next flight back home or to another destination.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of the 2 Days Kibale Chimpanzee Trekking tour
- A 4X4 tour vehicle with fuel
- A full time English speaking Guide
- A full board accommodation for one night
- Enough bottled drinking water
- All meals as per Itinerary
- Life insurance
- Airtime and email services
- All alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- All travel documents such as Visa and Air tickets
- All activities excluded from the itinerary
It is very important to combine chimpanzee trekking tours with the mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National park, and Golden monkey trekking in Mgahinga gorilla national park to maximize the primate viewing while in Uganda the pearl of Africa and of course Achieve Global safaris is always available to help you in mobilizing such tours at your own comfort.
See also: 3 Days Kibale Forest Chimpanzee Tracking