5 Days Uganda Gorillas & Chimpanzee Safari
5 Days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari is one of the best Uganda Primates Safari Package where travelers get a chance to explore gorillas & chimps. This 5 Days gorillas and chimpanzee trekking safari, includes 5 days and 4 nights trekking the major primates in Uganda. This 5 Days gorillas and chimpanzee trekking safari start from Entebbe international airport or Kampala combining gorilla trekking and chimpanzee trekking safari in the pearl of Africa. You will visit Bwindi impenetrable forest national park situated in the south western part of Uganda for a breathtaking gorilla trekking adventure, and trek the mighty chimpanzees in Kibale forest national park a home to 13 species of primates in wild. During this 5days Gorilla and chimpanzee trekking safari, you will have an awesome encounter with both people and wildlife in Uganda.
Highlights of 5 Days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 3: Transfer to Kibale forest National Park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest
- Day 5: Return to Kampala/Entebbe for departures
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On day 1 of 5 days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari, you are expected to be in Kampala or arrive at Entebbe international airport before midday where you will meet with our company driver eagerly waiting for you, then start along drive heading south western part of Uganda in the land of mountain gorillas. Expect to have a stopover along the way for lunch in Mbarara town at Igongo cultural Center then proceed with the most fascinating journey while sighting out the hills of Kabale, green vegetation cover and encountering different people along the way. Upon arrival at the lodge, you will check-in for dinner and overnight stay. Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Gorilla trekking: On day 2 of 5 days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari is the finally awaited day where you are sure of spending a full hour with gorillas in their natural habitat in the jungle. On this day, arise as early as 5:30 am, have heavy breakfast, pack your lunch box in the backpack and meet with the driver for a ride to the park headquarters where a briefing is conducted and gorilla family allocation according to the physical fitness of the trekkers. During the briefing, you are free to raise any questions about gorilla trekking for the best answers. Well, once the briefing is done, trekkers alongside armed rangers and guides start the fascinating activity of searching for habituated mountain gorillas in the jungle. During the trek, you will be in a position to view other wildlife species in the jungle which include other primates, mammals, birds, butterflies, and different plant species. Once a gorilla family is spotted, only one hour is allowed in presence for interaction and photo taking. After trekking, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep. Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Kibale forest national park and do Bigodi Nature walk
- Transfer to Kibale: On day 3 of 5 days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari, you will wake up on a relaxed breakfast at the lodge in Bwindi then check out of the lodge and meet with your driver to start off the journey to Kibale forest national park a home to 13 primate species. The journey is approximately 5-6 hours’ drive thus you will arrive at the lodge for check-in and have lunch.
- Bigodi Nature walks: After lunch, meet with have an evening guided nature walk in the Bigodi wetland sanctuary where you will sight out lots of wildlife species including primates, mammals, birds, and different botanical plant species. Once a nature walk is done, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Chimpanzee Trekking: On day 4 of 5 days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari, you will wake up early in the morning, have breakfast, pack your lunch box and then meet with your drive for a ride to park headquarters for a briefing about chimpanzee trekking adventure in the jungle. After the briefing, you will head into the wilderness of the forest for the breath taking activity. During the trek, you will encounter other primate species including monkeys and other mammals, birds, butterflies among others that call Kibale forest their home. Once chimpanzee trekking is done, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight sleep. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Day 5: Return to Kampala for city tour and departures
- Kampala city tour: on day 5 of 5 days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari, you will wake up on a relaxed breakfast at the lodge, check out of the lodge and meet with your driver to embark on the journey to Kampala the capital city of Uganda. upon arrival in kampala, have your relaxed lunch and in case you have a night flight, enjoy the kampala city tour before proceeding to Entebbe international airport for departures. Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of 5 Days Gorillas and Chimpanzee trekking safari
Safari itinerary includes;
- Airport pickup and drop off
- A Ugandan gorilla trekking permit
- A chimpanzee trekking permit
- Bigodi wetland nature walks
- All accommodations for 4 nights
- All meals as per itinerary
- Enough drinking water while on the safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and safari
- An English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
Safari itinerary excludes;
- Visa fees
- Air ticket
- Tips to the guide and porter
- Personal expenses such as Airtime, emails, cigarettes,
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages apart from water
- Additional Nights in Kampala
See also: 5 Days Uganda Primates & Wildlife Safari