4 Days Uganda Primate Safari (Chimpanzee and Gorilla trekking)
4 Days Uganda Primate Safari (chimpanzee and gorilla trekking) is one of the shortest primates safaris in Uganda. This 4 days safari starts from Entebbe and ends in Entebbe after enjoying both the chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park best known as the primate destination of Uganda where one is sure of encountering 13 primate species and then do gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park the only park that harbors more than a half of the total population of mountain gorillas in the wild. This 4 days Uganda primate safari includes 4 days and 3 nights and offers the best sightings along the way and during the safari with in the wild. The major activities to be carried out throughout this 4 days Uganda primate safari including Chimpanzee trekking and mountain gorilla trekking.
Highlights of 4 Days Uganda Primate 4 Safari (Chimpanzee and gorilla trekking)
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Kibale Forest National park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking and transfer to Kabale City
- Day 4: Return to Kampala for departures.
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Kibale Forest National park
- Arrival and Transfer to Kibale forest National park: day one of 4 days Uganda primate safari, (chimpanzees and gorilla trekking), you will arrive at Entebbe international airport as early as midday where you will be met by ACHIEVE GLOBAL SAFARI company representative. Have a briefing as you head to the lodge for lunch. Once you are done with lunch, embark on the journey to Kibale Forest national park a home to 13 species of primates. Expect to arrive late in the evening and proceed to the lodge where you will check in for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Chimpanzee trekking: day 2 of 4 days Uganda primate safari,(chimpanzees and gorilla trekking), wake up very early for breakfast and transfer to the park headquarters where you will meet with other trekkers ready for a chimpanzee trekking briefing. The briefing is basically based on what to do and what not to do while on a chimpanzee trekking expedition in the forest. The expectations during the trek and many more. Once the briefing is done, hire your porter and follow the group to start trekking chimpanzees. This will last between 2-7 hours.
- Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park: Once the trekking is done, return to the lodge for lunch then check out of the lodge and embark on the drive to Bwindi impenetrable national park via Ishasha sector within Queen Elizabeth national park. This drive will last within 6-7 hours so expect to reach in Bwindi late in the evening for check-in, dinner and night sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Gorilla trekking and transfer to Kabale City
- Gorilla trekking: This day is so crucial in every primate lover’s life. Well, wake very early at around 6:30 am, have breakfast and pack your snack and drinking water then meet your guide/ drive to have a drive to the park offices where a briefing about gorilla trekking is conducted. During the briefing, you are free to have where you haven’t understood and once the briefing s done, you will be allocated a particular gorilla family to trek within a group of maximum 8 persons. Hire a porter to assist you during the trek. During gorilla trekking try to follow all the guidelines as told during the briefing and also try to follow whatever the tour guide and the ranger tell you to do. After landing on a habituated mountain gorilla family, you will be allowed to spend a maximum of one-hour taking photographs, and watching the gorillas as they perform their daily duties of breastfeeding, copulating, feeding, nesting among others. After trekking, return to the lodge and enjoy your meal.
- Transfer to Kabale city: After having a rest, freshen up, check out of the lodge and meet your driver to transfer to Kabale city where you will arrive in the evening for a brief city tour to visit some markets and shops then check-in at the lodge for dinner and overnight
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 4: Return to Kampala for departures.
- Return to Kampala – Entebbe for departures: this being your last day of 4 days Uganda primate safari (chimpanzee and gorilla trekking), you will wake up on a cup of tea. Depending on your flight time and keeping in mind that the journey from Kabale to Kampala is about 7-8 hours’ drive, you will check out of the lodge and start the journey back to Kampala while viewing the beautiful hills of Kabale, the flatlands in Ntungamo and Mbarara while encountering several locals along the way. Have an enroute lunch in Mbarara at Igongo cultural center and another stop at the equator if time allows. Then drive direct o Kampala and connect to Entebbe to catch your flight.
END OF 4 DAYS UGANDA PRIMATE SAFARI (chimpanzee and gorilla trekking)
4 days Uganda primate safari include
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- English speaking guide
- All meal s as per itinerary
- Enough drinking water
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All activities as per itinerary
- Airport pickup and drop off
4 days Uganda primate safari excludes
- Flight expenses such as visa and air ticket
- Tips to the guide, ranger, porter
- Porter fee
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses such as airtime and email services
- Life insurance
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Accommodations before and after the safari
- Extra activities
Conclusion: this 4 days Uganda primate safari is one of the best and shortest Uganda safari that enables travelers to enjoy spending time with both Chimpanzees and gorillas in the pearl of Africa. However, this 4 days safari can be combined with other safaris such as wildlife safari, birding safaris, hiking safari and many more depending on the traveler’s interest.