2 Days Source of the Nile tour is a short Uganda safaris tour where a traveler gets to spend an awesome time in Jinja doing amazing activities at River Nile. River Nile is believed to be originating from Jinja. Jinja town is the best destination and adventurous town for visitors on a Uganda safari.
Your two days tour on the falls and the source of the Nile alongside mabira forest will offer you great unforgettable moment after the birding and zip-lining in mabira forest, visiting the source of the Nile for boat cruise, Speke momentum and other several activities on the Falls which include white water rafting, bungee jumping, kayaking, and sunset cruise on the Nile, sport fishing, quad biking among others.
Highlights of the 2 Days Source of the Nile tour
- Birding in mabira forest
- Ziplining in mabira forest
- Visiting source of the Nile
- What water Rafting
- Quad biking
- Bungee jumping
- Boat cruise to the source of the Nile
- Visiting Mahtama Ghandi statue
- Speke momentum
- Visiting the craft shops
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to the source of the Nile
- Transfer to Jinja: On this beautiful day, you will be picked up from your lodge in Kampala and driven by our company driver towards Jinja.
- Sezibwa Falls Cultural Experience: Make a stopover at Kayanja trading Centre just after Mukono town where you will take a dirt road to Sezibwa falls which are well known as the traditional falls for the Buganda kingdom. Here you will watch black water as it tumbles through the rock and most locals congest the fall in belief that it’s the source of blessings to them. Enjoy the entertainment of cultural music and dance, you will have some souvenirs for yourself. After this short visit on the falls, you will drive back to the main road where you will buy some snacks, roasted plantain (gonja), roasted chicken that will be eaten along the way as you head to Jinja.
- Mabira Forest Experience: You will have another stopover at Mabira forest for birding where several bird species will be seen and some voices of the birds will be heard up in the canopy as they sing beautiful and sweet melodies and then do a zip- lining in the tropical rain forest. After birding and ziplining in mabira, you proceed towards Jinja town. On your way, you will be able to see the beautiful sceneries of tea and sugar cane plantation.
- Check-in: After arriving in Jinja town, you will proceed to 2 friends Jinja guest house, check in, have your lunch and freshen up.
- There after meet your driver for the source of Nile tour on a sunset cruise. The cruise will take you to the exact spot where the river Nile originates. During the sunset cruise, you will be in position to see several water birds, see the Speke Monument which is believed that it’s where Speke stood after discovering the source of the Nile. Visit the craft shops for some souvenir and then return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Jinja city tour, falls tour and return to Kampala
- Jinja City Tour: On this second day of your safari, you will wake up in morning, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge, and meet your drive for a Jinja city tour where you will walk towards the Jinja railway station where you will see the railway line that connects Uganda and Kenya, do a community walk where you will visit the historical sites which include the Busoga king’s palace at Nakabango, visit the Soga’s ancestral spirits at Bujagali falls , visit the craft shops , visit the Jinja main market ,visit the Mahatma Gandhi statue, craft shops where you will buy some beautiful souvenirs, visit the bujagali falls Hydropower plant where River Nile exits Lake Victoria and return to you for lunch and then after lunch.
- Check-out: Check out of the lodge meet your driver who will drive you to the falls for the afternoon white water rafting, bungee jumping, white water Rafting on the Nile where you will spot several water birds and other mammals as they flock the Nile to quench their thirst, enjoy, Bungee jumping, Kayaking, Quad biking, horseback riding where you will view the river Nile bank and the village from the hill looking down into the valley.
- Return to Kampala: After exploiting the fall and the several activities, meet with your driver and return to Kampala. You will be returned to your hotel in Kampala where you were picked the previous day, to the bus stop or to the airport in case you want to depart.
End of the 2 Days Source of the Nile tour
The 2 Days Source of the Nile tour itinerary includes
- A full board accommodation for one night at 2 friends Jinja guest house
- Meal plan 1 breakfast, 2 lunch and 1 dinner at the lodge
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- An English speaking tour guide
- Enough bottled drinking water
- All activities included in the itinerary
The itinerary excludes
- Visa and ticket fees
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance cover
- Airtime and emails cost
See also: 1 Day Itanda falls tour