14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari is a classic and very awesome 14 days safari that will enable you to explore the 5 best national parks in Uganda including Murchison falls National park for Ziwa Rhino Trekking , boat cruise, and delta launch cruise. You will explore the crater lakes, trek the chimpanzees and do a nature walk in Bigodi wetland all in Kibale National park. Visit the tree-climbing lions, boat cruise on the Kazinga channel and enjoy the game drive in Queen Elizabeth national park. Transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park for the mighty Gorilla trekking and enjoy the canoe ride on Lake Bunyonyi. Enroute to Lake Mburo national park and return to Kampala via the equator for the photographs. Uganda is mostly covered with fresh and clean water bodies and surely you will enjoy your cruise on several water bodies with several aquatic sightings.
Highlights of the 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe international airport to Kampala
- Day 2: Transfer to Murchison falls National Park-Rhino trekking and top of the falls
- Day 3: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise with optional hiking to the top of the falls
- Day 4: Delta launch cruise, Sportfishing, and hot air balloon (optional)
- Day 5: Transfer to Kibale national park in Fortpotal district and Bigodi wetland sanctuary
- Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and visiting the crater lakes
- Day 7: Visit the Caves, Community encounter and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park
- Day 8: Morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
- Day 9: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National park- community encounters
- Day 10: Gorilla trekking
- Day 11: Canoeing on Lake Bunyonyi and nature walks transfer to Kabale town
- Day 12: Kabale city tour and transfer to Lake Mburo National park
- Day 13: Morning Game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Day 14: Transfer to Kampala and departures
Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe international airport to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: On this day, our company driver will pick you up from the airport. Depending on your arrival time, check-in at any hotel in Kampala, enjoy your lunch and prepare for an evening Kampala city tour where you will visit the Uganda museum, Nakasero market for some fruits, craft shops for some souvenirs, downtown and later return to your hotel for dinner and overnight
Day 2: Transfer to Murchison falls National Park-Rhino trekking and top of the falls.
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: This is the day 2 of your 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari. Wake up early in the morning, enjoy your breakfast, check out of your hotel in kampala and meet your driver to embark on the journey to Murchison falls national park with a stopover along the way for some roasted plantain, and other snacks, lunch in Masindi town.
- Rhino Trekking: You will then do a rhino trek at Ziwa rhino sanctuary. Depending on the arrival time you will proceed to the top of falls where you will be in position to view the park from the top while enjoying the clean and fresh breath from down the fall. After that, your guide will drive you to Paraa lodge where you will check-in, freshen up, have your dinner and take a sound sleep.
Day 3: Morning Game drive and evening boat cruise with optional hiking to the top of the falls
- Morning game drive: Morning game drive starts very early in the morning at 6:30 am, you will be required to wake up very early around 5:30 am and prepare yourself very first, have your breakfast, meet your driver and start your early morning game drive. This drive will enable you to see some of the nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return in their hideouts. These mammals are always active during the night and hiding during the day and other several wildlife will be seen as they wake up early to graze on the green pasture before the sunset. These include the Uganda cob, buffalos, monkeys, lions, elephants, baboons, antelopes, warthogs among others. You will also be able to watch the beautiful birds in their nests and others flying over the park.
- Boat Cruise: After the morning drive, you will be driven back to the lodge, have your lunch and rest for sure a few minutes then get ready for the boat cruise at the river Nile. Boat cruise starts at exactly 2:00 pm, so you need to be at the starting point in time because you ought not to miss out on this breath taking the activity of cruising on the Nile River. During the boat cruise, keep the eyes wide open looking on the river bank and at the base of the falls where you will see several hippo pods, crocodiles, herds of buffalos, elephants, and several water birds. All this wildlife flock the river bank to drink the water due to the thirst caused by the scorching sun during the afternoon.
- Hike to the top of the Falls: At the end of the boat cruise, you may decide to hike up to the top of the falls where you will meet with your driver to take you back to your lodge for relaxation, dinner, and overnight
Note: Hiking to the top of falls requires that you are physically fit and in good health because as it requires a lot of energy to hike till you reach the top of the falls. However, once you manage to get to the top of the falls, you will surely enjoy the experience.
Day 4: Delta launch cruise, Sportfishing, and hot air balloon (optional)
- Delta Boat Cruise: On this day, you will need to wake up at 6:30 am, enjoy your breakfast at Paraa safari lodge, pack your lunch box and then meet your guide who will drive you to the starting point of the delta cruise which starts at 8:00 am. Well! , try to be at the starting point (Paraa jetty) in time to avoid missing out on this golden opportunity of floating on top of the Nile towards the shores of the lake Albert. This activity is pretty and shouldn’t be missed out during your 5 days Murchison falls trip as you will spend your 4th day cruising on the Nile towards Lake Albert. Wow, on this cruise you will be sure to sight out the Shoebill stork. Since shoebills are good fishers, you will watch them on the Albert delta in search of food as they follow the Hippo’s trail, and other birds such as kingfishers, Goliath Heron among others will be seen while on delta cruise. This cruise lasts for 2-3 hours. After the delta launch cruise, do a spot fishing where you will have an opportunity to catch some fish such as the Nile Perch, tiger fish, Tilapia, Electric cat-fish or Genus Alestes and in case you catch any fish, you are free to take it to your lodge where it will be prepared for you to enjoy. This will take around 1-2 hours. You may also choose to do a hot air balloon where you will have a look at the entire plain in the north and west Paraa. This activity requires an additional cost which is paid to the Jobihani Dream Balloons office at Paraa Safari Lodge. After all the day 4 activities, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight
Day 5: Transfer to Kibale national park in Fortpotal district and do a nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary
- Transfer to Kibale: In fortpotal, you will head to Kibale forest National Park for an evening coffee plantation tours where you will learn the entire process from planting, harvesting, drying, grinding, parking and the consumer cup of finished coffee. Then visit the local communities.
- Nature Walk: Return to the lodge for lunch and after lunch, enjoy the Nature walk in Bigodi wetland sanctuary where you will see a variety of vegetation cover, trees, and plants that are used by the local communities as herbal medicine to cure several diseases and other cultural beliefs will surely be explained to you by the local guide while doing the Nature walks, several birds and mammals will be sighted along the papyrus swamp. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and visiting the crater lakes
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Kibale national park is known as the primate destination with around 13 primate species thus chimpanzee trekking in this park is really an interesting activity as a visitor is rest assured of watching these our cousins in their free habitat. On this day, you will wake up early in the morning for breakfast, pack your lunch and meet up with your driver to drive you to the office for a briefing before you start your trekking adventure. Chimpanzee trekking will last from 1-7 hours depending on your trekking speed and the distance the chimpanzees have moved. During chimpanzee trekking, keep your eyes open for the possibility of seeing several primates such as monkeys and other mammals, birds and butterflies.
- Crater Lakes Tour: After trekking, return to your lodge, freshen up and meet your driver again for the exploration of the crater lakes that are believed to have been formed over 10,000 years ago. These Ndali Kasenda Craters will give you a very beautiful scenic view of nature. After the exploration of the crater lakes return to the lodge, fresh up, enjoy your dinner and have a sound good night.
Day 7: Visit the Caves, Community encounter and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park-Tree climbing lions
- Amabere Ga Nyina Mwiru: These caves have some rocks best known as Amabere Ga Nyina Mwiru which are situated just 5km from fort town. You will really have a pretty view of these rocks which are attached to the traditional culture of the Batooro people that believe that these rocks are the breasts of the princess which were chopped off by his father (the king) as a result of her refusing to marry the husband that was chosen for her. You will also meet some Batooro people who will elaborate more about these rocks.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: Enroute to your hotel for lunch, check out and start your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park for tree-climbing lions in the ishasha sector. This is an awesome experience of witness lions up in the tree branches as they relax. Most researchers think that these lions are having shade and escaping the hot grounds during the afternoons. After the experience, proceed to your lodge check-in for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
- Game Drive: On the 8th day of your 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari, wake up at around 5:30 am, take a bath, enjoy your breakfast and meet with your driver to begin your morning game drive which always starts at 6:30 am. Your driver will pick you up from the lodge and drive you to kasenyi plains where you will enjoy your morning game drive. This drive will offer greater opportunities for spotting the Nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return to their hideouts where they always stay during the day and come out at night to look for food, herbivores such as buffalos, elephants, and Uganda kob will also be spotted as they graze in the green bushy grassland and the early birds all seen in Kasenyi plains. Morning game drive will take between 5-6hours.
- Boat Cruise: After the game drive, return to the lodge for lunch as you prepare for the evening boat cruise on the Kazinga channel which is located in the Mweya Peninsular. Evening boat cruise starts at 2:00 pm and you will be sailing on the Kazinga channel which is home to several Hippos so be sure to see more than enough of them as the yarn, trail, and bath along the Kazinga channel. You will also be in a position to see several herds of herbivores such as Buffalos, Uganda Kob, Elephants and many more as they quench their thirst on the Kazinga channel. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National park- community encounters
- Transfer to Bwindi: Have your breakfast at the lodge, check out of the lodge and meet with your driver for transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park which is a 3-4 hours’ drive to the southern part. Upon arrival, check-in at Buhoma haven lodge for lunch. After lunch meets with your driver for an evening community encounter. During the community encounter, you will be able to meet the Batwa clan who are the shortest people in Uganda as they demonstrate for you about the life they used to live in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering in the impenetrable forest. You will enjoy the entertainment by the Batwa people as they sing and dance for you their traditional song and there your will close your day with smiles and return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 10: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up at around 5:30 am, enjoy your breakfast, pack your lunch box provided at the lodge then meet with your driver who will take you to the park headquarters for a briefing before you start the journey to trek the mighty gorilla. At exactly 8:00 am, a trained game ranger will lead you through various trails in the thick blush and tall impenetrable forest in search of a habituated Gorilla family that is used to humans. This trail takes around 2-7 hours depending on your speed but it’s always considered to be a full day activity because you never be sure how long it will take to reach the location of the gorilla family. Once a certain gorilla family is reached, you will be given only one hour with these primates interacting with them as you learn their behaviors such as feeding habits, breastfeeding, and copulation and many more. After this fascinating activity, return to the lodge for relaxation.
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: Check out of the lodge transfer to Lake Bunyonyi where you will check-in in any loge of your choice for Dinner and overnight
Day 11: Canoeing on Lake Bunyonyi and nature walks transfer to Kabale town
- Canoeing: Lake Bunyonyi is located in Kabale district which is known to be one of the deepest lakes in Africa. You will wake up early in the morning, have your breakfast and head for a morning canoeing on Lake Bunyonyi where you will see several water birds, some mammals along the shores of the lake. You will also view the Kigezi hills and 29 islands. After canoeing, return to the lodge for lunch and enroute for an afternoon nature walk where you will trail through the hills along with the lake meeting several local communities of Bakiga and some Batwa. Return to the lodge, check out and meet your driver to transfer to Kabale town for dinner and overnight
Day 12: Kabale city tour and transfer to Lake Mburo National park
- Kabale City Tour: On this day, you will wake up in the morning, have your breakfast then check out of the lodge meet your driver for some city tour around Kabale town, visit the market for some fruits.
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: then embark on the journey to Lake Mburo national park with a stopover in Mbarara at Igongo Cultural Center and then drive directly to the park arriving late in the evening. Check-in at Arcadia cottages lake Mburo lodge, freshen up and meet with your driver for an evening game drive that starts at 6:30 pm with the possibility of sighting nocturnal mammals such as bushbabys, porcupines out of the hideout and hunters such as lions as they come. After the drive, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 13: Morning Game drive and afternoon boat cruise (Lake Mburo)
- Game Drive: On this beautiful day, wake up early in the morning, enjoy your breakfast, meet your driver too drive you to the park headquarters for a briefing and then set off for the game drive with the best sighting of the ground mammals such as antelopes, elands, giraffes, impalas, Warbucks, and many more.
- Boat Cruise: After the game drive, return to your lodge for lunch and get prepared for an afternoon boat cruise that will enable you to spot several water birds including the rare shoebill, kingfisher and several mammals such as the Hippos, crocodiles, and some herbivores such as buffalos, Antelopes and many more. After the cruise, meet with your driver to drive along the park as you return to your lodge for dinner and overnight
Day 14: Transfer to Kampala and departures
- Return to Kampala: This is the last day of your 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari tour and you ought to have as enough rest as you can as you prepare for your departures. Well, you will wake up at any time of your choice in the morning, have your breakfast served at the lodge, prepare yourself very well and check out of the lodge, meet your driver for and enroute on the kampala journey with a stopover at the equator for some beautiful photographs and proceed your journey arriving Kampala City in the afternoon, have your lunch at any designated hotel in kampala, freshen up and do a brief city tour along Kampala-Entebbe road as you transfer towards Entebbe international airport for the flight to the next destination.
End of the 14 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari
Your itinerary includes
- All Park entrance fees
- Gorilla Trekking permit
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Rhino trekking permit
- Accommodation for 13 nights
- All meals as per itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water during the safari
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel for the entire safari
- Ferry crossing fee
- A tour guide fee
- Boat cruise fee
- Game drive fee
- Hiking fee
- All flight documents including visa and air tickets
- Other eats and snacks not included on the itinerary
- All alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
“By the time you conclude your trip, you will have exhausted most of the wildlife in Uganda including the big 5 after exploring over five parks”
See also: 8 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari