6 Days Uganda tour
6 Days Uganda tour is an amazing tour of the Key National Parks in Uganda as a traveler will be exposed to quite a number of wildlife species. This 6 days tour takes in the two beautiful countries of Uganda and Rwanda with plenty of attractions ranging from mountain gorillas, chimpanzee, several mammals, birds and butterflies that will make your trip awesomely unforgettable.
This 6 days will start from Kampala City/Entebbe international airport in Uganda and end at Kigali international airport allowing you to explore two capital cities and meeting with different people with unique cultures from Uganda and Rwanda, visiting three national parks including Kibale Forest national park for chimpanzee trekking, Queen Elizabeth national park for the tree-climbing lions, boat cruise and game drive, Bwindi impenetrable national park for mighty gorilla trekking
The major activities to be carried out during your 6 Days Uganda tour include Kampala city tour, Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest, Game drives, Tree climbing lions in Ishasha Sector, Boat cruise, Gorilla trekking, Kigali City tour, and Visiting Iby’Iwacu (optional).
Highlights of the 6 Days Uganda tour
- Day 1: Arrival and Kampala city tour
- Day 2: Transfer to Kibale forest national park for an afternoon nature walk in Bigodi wetland
- Day 3: chimpanzee trekking and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 4: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Day 5: Tree climbing lions and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 6: Gorilla trekking and transfer to Kigali for departures
Day 1: Arrival and Kampala city tour
- Kampala City Tour: Upon your arrival at Entebbe international airport, you will be picked by our company driver and transferred to kampala where you will check-in at any hotel in Kampala, have your lunch depending on your arrival time and Since this tour will end in Kigali City, it is the better to have an evening Kampala city tour that will help you to explore several sites in Kampala including Bahai temple, Gadhafi mosque, visit Nakasero market for some fruits and vegetables, Visit Ndere troupe for the cultural entertainment, visit the craft shops for some souvenirs. After the Kampala city tour return to your lodge, freshen up for dinner and overnight
Day 2: Transfer to Kibale forest national park for an afternoon nature walk in Bigodi wetland
- Transfer to Kibale: On this day two of your tour, you will wake up very early at around 5:00 am , have your breakfast served, check out and meet with your driver to start on the journey from kampala to Kibale which is approximately 4-5 hours’ drive , arriving in the afternoon, then check-in at chimpanzee Nest lodge/primates lodge Kibale, have your lunch and …
- Nature Walk: …head for a Nature walk in Bigodi wetland which is home to several bird species such as the Blue Turaco, several mammals, some primates including monkeys, several tree species including the ones used to local medicine that treats several infectious diseases, lots of butterflies species among others. After the nature walk, return to your lodge for dinner and overnight
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Chimpanzee Trekking: On the third day of the 6 Days Uganda tour, you will wake up pretty early to a cup of coffee for breakfast, pack your lunch box and snacks, put on your hiking boat and meet with your driver to head to the headquarters for a briefing before starting the trek in the forest. The trek starts at exactly 8:00 am so you need to be at the starting point at 7:00 am for a briefing on the dos and don’ts while trekking the chimpanzees in the wild. After the briefing, you will be set alongside the rangers and the tour guide into the thick blush to start your long awaiting activity which allows you only one hour in the presence of chimpanzees. While Chimpanzee trekking, keep your eyes open in the forest as you will be able to see other primates such as monkeys, mammals, birds and butterflies.
- Transfer to Queen: After trekking, return to your lodge, checkout and enroute to Queen Elizabeth national park arriving in the evening, check-in at Mweya safari lodge/ enganzi/ Ihamba lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Game Drive: On this 4th day of your tour, Wakeup early in the morning at around 5:30 am, you’re your breakfast and meet with your driver to head to kasenyi plains for a morning game drive. This game drive starts as early as 6:30 am and lasts about 5-6hours offering views of several nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return to their hideouts. You will also see several mammals such as Uganda kob, Buffaloes, Topis, and elephants plus other mammals as they feast on the fresh vegetation early in the morning. After the game drive, return to your lodge for lunch and get ready for an evening boat cruise
- Boat Cruise: A boat cruise starts at 2:00 pm and you will be cruising on the Kazinga channel found in Mweya Peninsula which is home to several Hippos that will be seen yarning and bathing along the Kazinga channel. Several herds of herbivores such as Buffalos, Uganda Kob, Elephants and many more are also seen along the shores of Kazinga channel and Lake Edward as they quench their thirst. After a 2-3 cruise, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Tree climbing lions and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Tree Climbing Lions Experience: On the 5th day of the 6 Days Uganda tour, wake up again for breakfast, check out and prepare to meet your driver to drive to the ishasha sector located in the southern part of the park for the tree-climbing lions which is a two hours’ drive from mweya peninsular. This drive-in ishasha sector will bring you closer to the king of the jungle lazily sleeping in the tree branches overlooking other mammals as they graze. After this tree-climbing lion experience, enjoy your lunch …
- Transfer to Bwindi: …then drive through and connect to Bwindi impenetrable national park which is about 2-3 hours’ drive from Ishasha sector arriving in the evening check-in at Silverback lodge/ Gorilla forest camp for dinner and overnight
Day 6: Gorilla trekking and transfer to Kigali for departures
- Gorilla Trekking: This is the last day of your tour and you will have the best moment in the forest with the mountain gorillas which share 98% of their DNA with a human. Well, prepare to wake up early in the morning at around 6:00 am, enjoy a heavy breakfast, pack your lunch box and snacks the meet with the driver to take to the park headquarters for a briefing before the trek in the forest. After the briefing, you will be led by armed rangers and deep into the forest, you trek through various trails until you land on a habituated gorilla family where you will be allowed only one hour interacting with it taking photographs and learning more about different gorillas in the wild. One hour is done in a blink of an eye and it’s time to return to the lodge.
- Transfer to Rwanda (Kigali): Check out and be driven to Kigali with a break city tour and then drop off at Kigali international airport for departures to your nest destinations. In case your flight is for late in the night then you may opt for a longer city tour with visiting the Iby’Iwacu
End of 6 Days Uganda tour
This Itinerary includes
- A Ugandan Gorilla trekking permit
- A chimpanzee trekking permit
- Accommodation for 5 nights
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel for the entire tour
- Enough bottled drinking water throughout the tour
- An all-time English speaking tour guide
- All meals as per itinerary
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Visa and ticket
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Airtime and email services
- And all other personal needs like buying souvenirs
- Life insurance
- All activities marked optional
See also: 8 Days Uganda Classic Tour