6 Days Masai Mara & Bwindi Gorilla Safari
6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari is one of the best and most enjoyable ways of exploring two destinations that is Kenya and Uganda all situated in East Africa. This 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari will take you in the wilderness of Kenya with in Masai Mara wildlife reserve which is the most scenic park in Kenya and East Africa at large. In Masai Mara be sure to spot the Big 5 game and other different species of wildlife as they graze together. After fully exploring Masai Mara, you will exit the park and fly into Uganda the pearl of Africa where you will spend a full hour in presence of mountain gorillas in the wilderness of Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Since this tour involves crossing borders, I would recommend that you obtain an East African tourist Visa that will save you the burden of obtaining different visas for each country. With this east African Visa, you will be in position to start your safari from Nairobi then connect to Masai Mara for the game drive, fly into Uganda to Entebbe international airport, transfer to Bwindi a home of more than a half of the mountain gorillas in the wild and then return to Entebbe for departures or exit to Kigali –Rwanda for departures. This 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla safari include 6 days and 5 nights in east Africa.
Highlights of 6 Days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla safari
- Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi and transfer to Masai Mara
- Day 2: Hot air balloon and game drive
- Day 3: Fly to Entebbe international airport
- Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Day 5: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala / Kigali for departures
Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi and transfer to Masai Mara
- Arrival at Airport: On your day 1 of 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari, you will arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International airport in Nairobi where you will find our company representative waiting for you joyfully. He will meet you and greet you, give you some little bit of the highlights of your 6 days safari, the expectation and all that. Have a drive to one of the hotels in Nairobi for an enroute lunch.
- Transfer to Masai Mara: Once you are done with your lunch, you will be driven towards south western Kenya where you will drive for about 5-6 hours on road. As you approach the park, you will have a clear view of the beautifully lush and proceed to the lodge for check-in, Dinner and Overnight stay at the lodge.
- Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Hot air balloon and game drive
- Hot air balloon: This is the most scenic and a long-awaited day of your 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari. On this day 2, you will wake very early in order to catch up with the sunrise hot air balloon where you will be flying in a balloon on top of the wildlife. This hot air balloon is best done in the morning with the possibility of watching the nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return to their hideouts, watch several herbivores and feed on green vegetation early in the morning when it’s still fresh with moisture. Once you are done with a hot air balloon, you will have bush breakfast, a bottle of the campaign and a certificate then have a brief game drive and return to the lodge for relaxation and Lunch.
- Afternoon and evening game drive: Once you are done with the lunch, meet your drive for an afternoon and evening game drive in the plains of Masai Mara. Then return to the lodge enjoy your dinner and have taken a good rest as you plan for the following day.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch &Dinner
Day 3: Fly to Entebbe international airport
- Flight to Entebbe: on day 3 of 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari, you will wake up pretty early, enjoy your served breakfast and check out of the lodge for a flight. Aero link offers flights from Masai Mara to Entebbe and you are expected to be on board by 8:00 am since the flight departs at 8:45 and arrives at Entebbe international airport at 11:30 am. Once you arrive at Entebbe international airport, another company driver will meet you have a briefing and head to Kampala for lunch and enjoy an evening Kampala city tour. You will be in a position to visit some religious sites, cultural sites, markets and many more.
- Note: You may opt to stay in Entebbe for an afternoon and evening leisure at the Beach and have an overnight there.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch &Dinner
Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park: on the 4th day of 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla safari, you will wake in the morning, enjoy breakfast and by 7:30 am, embark on the long journey towards south western Uganda. Have a stop at the Equator in Biharwe for some photographs and experience then proceed to Mbarara for lunch and cultural tour at the Igongo Cultural Center. Once you are done, embark on the journey to Bwindi passing through various hills and mountains of kabale and Kisoro and finally you get to the park late in the evening, check-in at the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Enroute lunch &Dinner
Day 5: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla trekking: Finally your dream of spending an hour close to the mountain gorillas have come valid. Well, on this day 5 of your 6 Days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla safari, you will wake up at around 6:30 am, enjoy your breakfast and meet the driver for a ride to the park head offices for a briefing before starting the adventure of trekking mountain gorillas in the wilderness of Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Keep in mind that you aren’t allowed to use a flashlight while taking photographs of gorillas. Once you encounter the gorillas, you will spend a maximum of 0ne hour of interaction with these endangered primates. Return to the lodge and enjoy your dinner.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, packed Lunch &Dinner
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala / Kigali for departures
- Departures: On this last day of the 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari, you will wake up in the morning depending on your flight details, enjoy dinner and meet your driver for a drive back to Entebbe international airport, you will enjoy enroute lunch in Mbabara at Igongo and drive direct to Entebbe for departures to the next destination.
- Meal plan: Breakfast & Lunch.
End of the 6 Days Masai Mara & Bwindi Gorilla Safari
This 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla safari includes;
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- Park entrance fees
- A gorilla trekking permit
- Hot air balloon and all other activities included in Itinerary
- Domestic flights (Upon request)
- Enough drinking water throught the safari
- All meals as per Itinerary
- All accommodations as per Itinerary
- An English speaking guide
6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi gorilla safari excludes;
- International flights
- Airtime and email services
- Optional activities
- Visa fees Etc
“Send your Inquiry now and enjoy the expedition in Kenya and Uganda”