4 Days Uganda Rwanda Primates tour is a short Uganda & Rwanda Combined Safari that will give a traveler a chance to do Gorilla Trekking in Uganda and Chimpanzee trekking in Volcanoes National Park.
When we talk of gorilla trekking in Uganda, we automatically refer to Bwindi impenetrable national park where almost half of the remaining endangered mountain gorillas reside. This park is located in the western part of Uganda and is the best destination for mountain gorilla trekking in Africa. A gorilla trekking in Uganda from Rwanda is the best experience you can achieve at ease in addition to avoiding all the long distances from Entebbe international airport to Bwindi Forest.
On the other hand, Golden monkey tracking in Rwanda is done in Volcanoes National Park. A visit to volcanoes national park in addition to Bwindi impenetrable national park offers an overwhelming experience of two trekking two primates in just one trip without forgetting the excitement of visiting two countries in one visit that is Rwanda and Uganda the pearl of Africa which will not require a visa for you to cross from Rwanda to Uganda for gorilla trekking unlike Congo which requires a visa to access the park.
Highlights of the 4 Days Uganda Rwanda Primates tour
- Day 1: Pick up & Transfer to Bwindi
- Community encounters in Bwindi -UGANDA
- Community encounter (Ibyiwacu) – RWANDA
- Golden Monkey tracking in volcanoes national park-RWANDA
- Kigali city tours-RWANDA
Day 1: Pick up & Transfer to Bwindi
- Pick up & Transfer to Bwindi: In this case, you will arrive at Kigali airport where you will be picked by our company driver and transferred to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. This is a 3-4 hour drive considering all stopovers along the way. Depending on your arrival time, you will check-in at Buhoma haven lodge, have lunch, relax and meet with your drive for an evening community walk.
- Community Tour: During the community encounter, you will be able to meet the Batwa clan who are the shortest people in Uganda as they demonstrate for you about the life they used to live in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering in the impenetrable forest. You will enjoy the entertainment by the Batwa people as they sing and dance for you their traditional song and there your will close your day with smiles as you return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking and Transfer to volcanoes National park
- Gorilla trekking: On day two of your safari, you are required to wake up very early in the morning at around 5:30 am, enjoy your breakfast and pack your lunch box then meet with your driver who will take you to the headquarters for a briefing before you start the journey to trek the mighty gorillas. At exactly 8:00 am, a trained game ranger will lead you through several trails in the thick forest of Bwindi in search of a habituated Gorilla family that is used to humans. This trail takes around 2-6 hours depending on your trekking speed and the location of the gorilla family. Once a certain gorilla family is reached, you will be given only one hour with these primates interacting with them as you learn more about their behaviors such as feeding habits, breastfeeding, and copulation. During the Gorilla trekking, keep your eyes open in the forest for the possibility of spotting a variety of wildlife including mammals and several bird species.
- Transfer to Volcanoes National Park: After trekking, enjoy your food, meet up with your driver who will take you back to the lodge, freshen up, check out and start your journey to Kigali City again. Your driver will drive you safely to Volcanoes National park through the Cyanika border check-in at Hotel Muhabura for Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Golden Monkey Tracking and visiting the Ibyiwacu Cultural Village
- Golden Monkey Tracking: On your third day of the trip, wakeup in the morning, enjoy your breakfast and meet your driver who will drive you to the office headquarters for briefing and then head into the forest with the guarded ranger to track the Beautiful Golden monkeys which are already habituated and used to a human being.
- Ibyiwacu Cultural Village tour: Well, after tracking the Golden monkey you will return to your lodge freshen up, have your lunch and get ready for an evening visit to Ibyiwacu cultural village where you will enjoy the Rwandan traditional dance and drama, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Drive to Kigali, Kigali city tour and departures
- Kigali City Tour: This is the last day of your safari. You will wake up early, as usual, have your breakfast, check out of the lodge , meet your driver and embark on your journey from volcanoes to Kigali city which is a 2-3 hours’ drive. On reaching Kigali, you will be able to do a city tour where you will be led to the Kigali Genocide memorial, craft shops for some souvenirs and markets.
- Departure: Then enjoy your lunch be driven to your next destination such as the airport in case you have an evening flight or to the lodge if you are staying in Kigali overnight.
End of your 4 Days Uganda Rwanda Primates tour
The 4 Days Uganda Rwanda Primates tour Itinerary includes
- A Ugandan Gorilla trekking permit
- Golden monkey trekking permit
- Park entrance fee
- Accommodation for three nights
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel for the entire safari
- Enough bottled drinking water
- An English speaking tour guide
- All meals as per itinerary including 3 meals for breakfast,4 meals for lunch, and 3 meals for dinner.
The 4 Days Uganda Rwanda Primates tour Itinerary excludes
- All travel expenses such as visa to Kigali and tickets to and from Kigali airport
- Alcoholic drinks
- Airtime and email services
- And all other personal needs like buying souvenirs
- Life insurance
“This 4 days safari will offer you the best experience of trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi from Kigali”