4 days Bwindi Gorillas and Ngamba Chimpanzee safari
4 Days Bwindi Gorillas and Ngamba Chimpanzee safari is a short safari that starts in Kampala and ends in Kampala. This safari allows travelers to view the orphaned chimpanzees at Ngamba Island sanctuary which is situated on lake Victoria thus easily accessed by taking a boat cruise and then trek the gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable national park one of the best park that harbors the largest number of mountain gorillas in the wild. This 4 Days Bwindi Gorillas and Ngamba Chimpanzee safari consist of 4 days and 3 nights in Uganda the pearl of Africa encountering the endangered primate species.
Highlights for this 4 Days Bwindi Gorillas and Ngamba Chimpanzee safari
- Day 1: Airport Arrival and Chimpanzee viewing at Ngamba Island
- Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Day 4: Return to Kampala for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and Chimpanzee viewing at Ngamba Island
- Airport Arrival: On day 1 of 4 days Bwindi gorillas and Ngamba chimpanzee safari, you will be expected to arrive at Entebbe international airport where our company representative will be in a position to pick you. You will be briefed about the expectations throughout the 4 days Uganda safari which is only based on primates. You will be expected to arrive before mid-day (local time) then be transferred to the lodge for check-in and lunch.
- Ngamba island chimpanzee viewing: once you are done with lunch, you will be driven to Ngamba Island where you will spend some time viewing the orphaned chimpanzees in a sanctuary. Then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: on the 2nd day of 4 days Bwindi gorillas and Ngamba chimpanzee safari, be ready early in the morning, check out of the lodge after breakfast and get ready to be transferred to southwestern Uganda, Bwindi impenetrable national park which is knowing as the home to endangered mountain gorillas. You will have a stopover at the equator for photographs and another stopover at Igongo cultural center for a delicious lunch. Once you are done with lunch, you will proceed the long journey to Bwindi while viewing lots of farms, hills, and the local people as they go on with their daily life of cultivation and cattle grazing. Upon arrival in Bwindi which is expected to be late in the evening, you will check-in at the lodge for dinner and have an overnight stay.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Gorilla trekking: this is the most fascinating day amongst this 4 days Bwindi gorillas and Ngamba chimpanzee safari. You will have to wake very early, have a lunch box packed, enjoy breakfast, and be driven to the park headquarters for a pre gorilla trekking briefing which enables you to learn some of the dos and don’ts while in gorilla habitat. After the briefing, you will be in a position to hire a porter and then be guided into the forest amidst armed rangers and the local tour guides to start the adventurous activity of trekking gorillas in Bwindi. During gorilla trekking in Bwindi, you will be in a position to encounter bird species, mammals and even be in position to identify several plant species with in the forest of Bwindi impenetrable national park. Gorilla trekking will last between 2 hours to 8 hours depending on the movement of a habituated mountain gorilla family and the fitness level of the trekkers since the trekking group has to move according to the pace of the slowest trekker. After trekking gorillas, you may opt for an evening nature walk, community encounters or batwa experience then return to the lodge, enjoy your meal and sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Day 4: Return to Kampala for departures
- Return to Kampala: on the 4th day of 4 days Bwindi gorillas and Ngamba Chimpanzee safari, you will wake up on breakfast, then check out of the lodge and embark on the journey to Kampala. Have an enroute lunch in Mbarara at the Igongo Cultural center and then proceed to Kampala where you will arrive in the evening. Upon arrival in Kampala, you will be driven to Entebbe international airport to catch your night flight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, and Lunch
- Note: on the day of the safari, you may opt to travel for Kigali Rwanda for departures which is shorter drive distance as compared to the long drives back to Kampala.
End Of 4 Days Bwindi Gorillas and Ngamba chimpanzee safari
Inclusive in your safari;
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Chimpanzee permit
- Ranger fee
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- An English speaking guide
- Enough drinking bottled water
- All meals as per itinerary
- Accommodation for 3 nights
- Airport pick up and drop off
Exclusives in this safari;
- Other activities
- Travel expenses such as Visa and air tickets
- Porter fees
- Laundry fee
- Life insurance
- Tips to the porter and guide
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages apart from water
- Other personal expenses such as emails, airtime and cigarettes.
Conclusion: An encounter with gorillas and chimpanzees has always been the most exciting event that travelers from different parts of the world have enjoyed while on a Uganda safari thus gorilla trekking and chimpanzee trekking remain the major activities that always top up the itineraries of several travelers in Uganda.