4 Day Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee trekking safari is an interesting safari that will give you the best of Uganda National Parks wildlife. Queen Elizabeth National Park is the second-largest park in Uganda after Murchison falls which is the biggest. Queen Elizabeth National park covers 1,978 Km2 of land in the western part of Uganda. The Park obtained its name after the Royal visit of Queen Elizabeth II of England.
Queen Elizabeth national park is well known for having beautiful fauna and flora thus attracting several visitors throughout the year who come into Uganda to explore the beauty hidden in the pearl of Africa. The major attractions in Queen Elizabeth national park are the Tree climbing lions which are found in the Ishasha sector, leopards, zebras, hippos and crocodiles on the Kazinga channel crocodiles, buffalos, several bird species, primates and insects among others.
During your 4 Day Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee trekking safari, you will be in a position to see the entire vegetation of the park filled with fauna and flora of several species. You will view primates such as Chimpanzees in kyambura George, Black, and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkeys, several bird species including Flamingos, Pink-backed Pelican flycatchers and many more which are seen during birding and game drive. There are also four of the big five mammals including the Buffalos, Lions, Leopard, Elephants and other mammals like Uganda kob, Hyena, warthog, waterbuck among others.
Highlights 4 Day Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee trekking safari
- Morning Game drive
- Evening boat cruise
- Chimpanzee trekking
- Lion’s experience
- Evening game drive
- Visiting the equator
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National park- Evening game drive
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: You will wake up early in the morning, have your breakfast then meet up with your driver at around 8:00 am to start your journey via Kasese to Queen Elizabeth National Park with a stopover at the equator for photographs and experiments and another stopover at Igongo cultural center in Mbarara for a lunch break. Along the way, your driver will be explaining everything about your trip and this journey will take you 6-8 hours considering all the stopovers along the way. After lunch, your driver will proceed with the journey up to Queen Elizabeth National park where you will check-in at Park View lodge, freshen-up and go for an evening game drive where you will spot some lions in the eastern parts of kasenyi plains and along the Kasese road. Also, some Nocturnal mammals are seen as they come out of their hideouts in search of food in the park. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Morning game drive and Evening boat cruise at Kazinga channel
- Game Drive: On your second day, wake up at around 5:30am, take a bath, enjoy your breakfast and meet with your driver to begin your morning game drive which always starts at 6:30am. Your driver will pick you up from the lodge and drive you to kasenyi plains where you will enjoy your morning game drive. This drive will offer greater opportunities for spotting the Nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return to their hideouts where they always stay during the day and come out at night to look for food, herbivores such as buffalos, elephants, and Uganda kob will also be spotted as they graze in the green bushy grassland and the early birds all seen in kasenyi plains. Morning game drive will take between 5-6hours. After the game drive, return to the lodge for lunch as you prepare for the evening boat cruise on the Kazinga channel which is located in the Mweya Peninsular.
- Boat Cruise: Evening boat cruise starts at 2:00pm and you will be sailing on the Kazinga channel which is home to several Hippos so be sure to see more than enough of them as the yarn, trail, and bath along the Kazinga channel. You will also be in a position to see several herds of herbivores such as Buffalos, Uganda Kob, Elephants and many more as they quench their thirst on the Kazinga channel. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking in kyambura gorge
- Chimpanzee Trekking: You will need to wake up a bit early, prepare yourself, enjoy your breakfast, pack your lunch box, snacks and enough drinking water, then meet your driver who will drive you to the office for briefing on how to trek the chimpanzee and then set off to begin the trekking process in Kyambura Gorge. The morning trekking usually begins early in the morning where you will be in a position to find the chimpanzees just waking up from their nests where they slept the previous night. Kyambura Gorge is a place that should not miss out during your trip to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Kyambura gorge sector is best known for chimpanzee trekking and is found inside queen Elizabeth National Park. An armed tour guide will escort you deep in the thick gorge of savannah grassland in search of the habituated chimpanzees and once a certain group is located, you will be given one hour in presence of these shy primates as you learn more about their behaviors including the feeding and mating behaviors. Chimpanzee trekking will take around 2-6 hours depending on your trekking speed and the distance moved by these primates in search of food in the forest. The chimpanzee trekking is always considered as a full day activity because no one is sure of how long it will take to find a habituated chimpanzee group since they always move to and fro in search of shoots to eat inside the forest.
Day 4: Drive back to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: You will wake at around 7:00am, have your breakfast at the lodge then check out of the lodge and meet your driver to start your journey heading to Kampala with a stopover in Mbarara town at Igongo cultural center for lunch break. After lunch, proceed with your journey to Kampala where your driver will return you to the lodge where you were picked on your first day of the Trip or to the bus stop to proceed with your next destination or to the airport in case you want to depart the country.
Note: You will arrive in Kampala late in the evening and in case you are sleeping in Kampala for a night, then your driver can take you for an evening city walk around Kampala streets, Nakasero market and then return you to your lodge and your trip will be done.
End of the 4 Day Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee trekking safari
Itinerary of the 4 Day Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee trekking safari includes:
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Park entrance fee
- A full board accommodation for three nights at Park view lodge
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel
- A tour guide
- Boat cruise
- Game drive
The itinerary excludes
- All the travel expenses such as visa and air tickets
- Juices and Alcoholic beverages
- Life insurance
Your 4 Day Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee trekking safari with “Achieve Global Safaris” will offer you the best sightings including the tree climbing lions which are found in the Ishasha sector. A cruise on the Kazinga channel which is 40m long connecting joining Lake George to Lake Edward will give you an experience of watching several Hippos in one place and by the time you conclude your trip, you will have seen 4 of the big five mammals alongside chimpanzees in Kyambura gorge and other primates.