3 Days Murchison Falls Tour is another amazing but short safari that will take you to the biggest national park in Uganda. Murchison falls National Park is the largest park in Uganda that was established in 1952 and it covers 3,840km2 of land in northeastern Uganda managed by the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Due to the nature of the park filled with the savanna grassland, this park is well known for the variability of several wildlife species which include the four out of the big 5 which include the lions, elephants, leopards, and buffalos which are normally seen during the boat cruise and the game drive. Since Murchison falls is the largest park, it also harbors other mammals including the nocturnal mammals and the hunters which are normally seen during the early morning game drive. Several bird species are also seen in the park during the trip to Murchison Falls.
Taking a boat cruise on the river Nile and Hiking on the top of Murchison falls you offer you the best opportunity for spotting several wildlife species as they gather along the Nile basin to drink water and cool their bodies from the burning sun. Also taking a hike at the top of the falls.
Highlights of the activities that will be carried out during the 3days Murchison falls trip
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls & Rhino Trekking
- Day 2: Morning Game Drive & Boat Cruise
- Day 3: Morning Game Drive & Return To Kampala
An Itinerary for the 3 Days Murchison falls trip
Day 1: Travel to Murchison falls- Rhino trekking and top of falls
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: Well, on your first day of the 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour, you will need to wake up pretty early in the morning at around 5:30am. Take your breakfast and then prepare to be picked up by your tour guide /driver. At exactly 6:30am, start your journey from Kampala heading to Murchison Falls. You will make a stopover along the road if you want to buy some fruits in the market or any snacks along the road that you might need on your trip.
- Rhino Trekking: Then proceed and pass by the Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for White Rhino trekking. This will take you around 1-2 hours since rhinos are already in the sanctuary thus easily accessed. After rhino trekking continue your journey and have another stopover at “Court view hotel” in Masindi district for your lunch before you reach the park. After lunch continues with your journey for a few minutes until you enter the park. Inside the park make sure that your car windows are raised to avoid baboons from snatching eats from your vehicles as they always parade alongside the road inside the park waiting for tourist vans to grab eats from them.
- Drive to the top of the Falls: Well, continue to the top of falls where you will possibly view the entire Murchison falls at a glance, watch several birds including the water birds, several mammals and a breathtaking freshness of the park viewing it from the top.
- Check-in: Thereafter your driver will drive you to Paraa lodge where you will check-in, take a bath and have some little rest before dinner or have an evening game drive around Paraa lodge since this lodge is strategically positioned in the north of the park where you will be able to see some lions, elephants, and some nocturnal mammals and hunters coming out from their hideout for night hunting since they are always active at night. Return to your lodge, have dinner and then sleep for the night as you prepare for the second day’s activities.
“Note: During the evening game drive make sure that you don’t go very far just drive around the lodge where you will possibly see some few wildlife species”
Day 2: Morning game drive and boat cruise
- Morning Game Drive: On this day, you will need to wake up pretty early take your shower, enjoy your breakfast and meet your guide for the drive. Keep in mind that morning game drive starts at exactly 6:30am so you need to do everything in hurry in order to catch up with the nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return to their hideouts, and all other mammals which wake up very early in the morning to graze on the fresh vegetation before the sunrise, and all early birds as they sing for you the sweet melodies. This morning game drive will really leave you with a deep smile after exhausting most of the wildlife in the park. Including the big 5 game. This takes 5-6 hours.
- Boat Cruise: At around 12:30pm, your guide will drive you back to the lodge, have your lunch and rest a bit for some minutes then prepare for the boat cruise which starts at exactly 2:00pm. Try very hard and make sure that you are at the starting point of the boat cruise in time to avoid missing out on the best moments of your 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour. This 2-3 hour boat cruise will give you an opportunity to see several mammals at the shore of river Nile including the crocodiles, Hippos, elephants, and herds of buffalos as they are drinking water and cool their bodies from the scorching sun, and several water birds are also seen along the river. The boat will take down to the base of the Murchison falls where you will see this breathing taking fall as it forces itself through a small gorge and I am sure you will enjoy the boat cruise experience. The boat will take you back to the shore where you will meet your driver and he drives you back to the lodge where you will refresh yourself, have your dinner pack some of your things in preparation for the following day and rest.
Day 3: Morning game drive and return to Kampala
- Morning Game Drive: This is your last day of the 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour in the park so you will need to wake very early in the morning around 5:30am, have your breakfast, check out of the lodge and meet your driver for an early morning game drive where you will sight out all the remaining mammals and birds that were not seen during the previous game drive and boat cruise.
- Return to Kampala: Trust me that at this time you will need to wind up with all the wildlife in the Murchison falls national park. Exit the park and start your journey to Kampala City where you will have a stopover at Court view hotel for your lunch and then your driver will take you straight to your next stop which is either your lodge , the bus stop or to Entebbe international airport if you need to depart back to your home area
End of the 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
- All meals
- Enough bottled Rwenzori drinking water
- Full board accommodation for two nights at Paraa lodge
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel
- All-time English speaking tour guide
- Park entrance fees
- Rhino trekking fee
- Boat cruise fee
- Hiking fee
- 3Game drives including two-morning game drives and one evening game drive
- Ferry crossing fee
- Flight tickets
- Airtime or mail services
- Other beverages such as juices, alcohol and other miscellaneous expenses.
See also: 2 Days Murchison Falls tour