4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Trekking
4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Trekking tour is one of the most interesting Uganda Safari Packages where a traveler explores the best of primates in Uganda. This 4 Days tour is amongst the best-combined primate safari in the pearl of Africa within two beautiful national park situated in the southwestern part of Uganda a place to trace primates in the wilderness which include Bwindi Impenetrable National park for the breathtaking gorilla trekking safari and Mgahinga gorilla national park a home to gorillas and Golden monkeys and wind up the safari with a cruise on one of the fresh water lakes in Uganda and Africa at large. This 4 Days safari in Bwindi, Golden monkey Safari and Lake Bunyonyi safari starts from Rwanda the land of a thousand hills, then connect to Uganda direct to Bwindi impenetrable national park, then to Mgahinga for golden monkey trekking, to lake bunyonyi for canoeing and finally drop off to Kigali- Rwanda for departures.
Highlights of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Trekking
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi and transfer to Mgahinga national park
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking in Mgahinga Gorilla National park
- Day 4: Canoeing and Departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick-up from Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On day 1 of 4 Days Uganda Gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi, Golden monkey and lake Bunyonyi safari, you will be picked from Kigali international airport by an experienced tour drive from Achieve Global Safaris an brief you about the major activities to be done throughout your 4 days Uganda safari as you head to the hotel for a lunch break and have a brief Kigali city tour where you will visit the Kigali Genocide memorial sites. After a brief Kigali city tour, embark on the journey crossing the border from Kigali- Rwanda to Uganda the pearl of Africa where you will arrive in the evening or night. Upon arrival, check-in at any lodge freshness up, have your dinner and overnight sleep.
- Journey: Approximately 4 hours’ drive
- Meal plan: Lunch in Kigali and dinner in Bwindi
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi and transfer to Mgahinga national park
- Gorilla trekking Experience: On day 2 of 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Trekking tour, you will arise pretty early for a heavy breakfast, then meet with your driver and head to the park headquarters for a briefing about the dos and don’ts while in presence of mountain gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable national park. Be sure to spend an entire hour with the mountain gorillas in the jungle as you watch than play, feed, copulate and roam from place to place. On a lucky day, you might even trace them nesting in the evening.
- Transfer to Mgahinga: After spending a full hour trekking gorillas in Bwindi, our driver will transfer you back to your lodge to freshen up, then check out of the lodge to start a journey to Kisoro district home to golden monkeys. Upon arrival in Mgahinga national park, you will check-in at your lodge, have dinner and overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch in Bwindi, Dinner in Mgahinga
- Time frame: 3-4 hours’ drive from Bwindi to Mgahinga depending on the sector
Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking in Mgahinga Gorilla National park
- Golden Monkey Trekking Experience: On this day you should be excited that you will have a full hour with the cheerful golden monkeys in their natural habitat. Well on day 3 of your tour, you will wake up in the morning, have your breakfast at the lodge then jump into the vehicle to transfer to park headquarters with your packed lunch and enough drinking water. After the briefing, you will head to the forest to trek the golden monkeys and spend an hour in their presence as they cheerfully jump all over you since they aren’t shy as they are already habituated so expect to enjoy the fun filled exploration with these sweet primates while taking as much photographs as you can. With golden monkey trekking, do not worry about using a flashlight camera and by the end of the trek, you will have those clear memories in your gadget. After golden monkey trekking, return to the lodge, freshen up, check out of the lodge and embark on 2 hours’ drive journey to Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale district arriving late in the evening, check-in at any lodge for dinner and overnight
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch in Mgahinga – Kisoro, Dinner in Bunyonyi-Kabale
Day 4: Canoeing and Departures
- Canoeing at Lake Bunyonyi: On this last day, you will be exiting to your next destination. Keeping in mind that you booked a late evening flight, you will wake up early in the morning on a cup of tea and breakfast then have a breath taking canoe ride on Lake Bunyonyi the second deepest lake in the entire African continent. During the cruise on the bilharzia free waters of Lake Bunyonyi, you will be in a position to explore different islands on Lake Bunyonyi including the punishment island which has the most hilarious history. During the cruise on Lake Bunyonyi, keep your eyes open to the shores for possibilities of sighting out different mammals, birds, and beautiful butterflies all in one place.
- Departure: After the boat cruise, return to the lodge for lunch, then check out to embark on the journey back to Kigali proceeding directly to Kigali international airport for departures to your next destination.
End of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla & Golden Monkey Trekking
Inclusive in this safari package
- Ugandan gorilla trekking permit
- Golden monkey trekking permit
- Pick up and drop off
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English speaking guide
- Accommodation for 3 nights
- All activities included in the itinerary including a visit Kigali genocide memorial sites
- Packed drinking water
- All meals as per Itinerary
Exclusive in this tour package
- Travel visa and air ticket
- Tips to the guide and porter
- Other beverages, alcoholic drinks, and cigarettes
- Excluded activities from itinerary
- Personal expenses including airtime, email, etc.
- Life Insurance