3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari
3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari is included in the shortest Uganda safaris and it includes only 3 days and 2 nights in the pearl of Africa starting from Kampala or Entebbe and ending in Kampala / Entebbe according to your Itinerary. Fully enjoy your 3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari, you will be expected to arrive very early in the morning at Entebbe International airport in order to have enough time for transportation to Mgahinga gorilla national park where the hike to summit mount Mgahinga is conducted. However, you will be required to have an overnight either in Kampala or Entebbe where you can be picked at the beginning of your 3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari.
Like any other hiking safari, you will be required to come with an appropriate hiking gears including hiking boats, rain jacket, both warm and cool attires , sun glasses, insect repellants and any other thing that you consider crucial for this 3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari
Highlights of this 3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla national park in Kisoro district
- Day 2: Hike mount Mgahinga
- Day 3: Return to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga gorilla national park in Kisoro district
- Transfer to Mgahinga national park in Kisoro: on day 1 of 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari, you will begin your safari with a pick up from your hotel in Kampala /Entebbe by our company driver and embark on a long journey to the southwestern part of Uganda. Expect to be on the journey by 8:00 am since this is a long-distance that takes about 9-11 hours’ drive and this is the reason why I would encourage you to have an overnight in Kampala/ Entebbe the previous night. Our company can organize for you this day at an extra cost (upon request). Well, along the journey to Mgahinga, you will stopover at the equator for photographs and experiments and have an enroute lunch at Igongo cultural hotel in Mbarara. Later on, proceed with the journey of 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari via flat farms in Ntungamo and hills in Kabale district and Kisoro district. Upon arrival at the lodge, you will check-in for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: enroute lunch and dinner at the lodge
- Overnight in Mgahinga national park
Day 2: Hike mount Mgahinga
- Hiking mount Mgahinga: day 2 of 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari is yet the day you have been waiting for and finally it has come. On this day, you will enjoy your early breakfast at the lodge keeping in mind that this hike starts at 7: 00 am in the morning, pack some drinking water and a lunch box and then be transferred for a briefing at the headquarters. Hire a porter and obtain a hiking stick before setting off to ascend mount Mgahinga which is situated at an elevated of 3,472m above the sea level with in the virunga massif. Since a hike to summit the top of mount Mgahinga is carried out in Mgahinga Gorilla national park with an opportunity to spot lots of wildlife including Golden monkeys, mountain gorillas, elephants, and the vegetation at the bottom of the mountain. However, these wildlife you encounter might not be habituated thus do not give them attention as you won’t be allowed to even take their photos but only be given few minutes to view them from a distance. This 3 days mount Mgahinga hiking safari will lead you to the summit to view the Caldera swamp and later on descend back to the starting point where you will meet your driver waiting to return you to the lodge for evening relaxation, dinner and overnight and your day 2 of 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari will be done.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: on day 3 which is your last day of 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari, you will wake up on breakfast then check out of the lodge and embark on the journey back to Kampala. Lunch will be enroute like on your day 1 at Igongo cultural hotel then proceed to Kampala and connect to Entebbe international airport for a late evening or night departures.
END OF 3 DAYS MOUNT MGAHINGA HIKING SAFARI
Inclusive in 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari
- Pick up and drop off
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- An English speaking guide
- A hiking permit
- Ranger fees
- All meals as per Itinerary
- Accommodation as per Itinerary
- Enough drinking water
Exclusive in this 3 days Mount Mgahinga hiking safari
- International flight expenses including visa and air ticket
- Optional activities
- Extra accommodation before and after the 3 days safari
- Laundry fees