3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking
3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking will take you to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park which is Uganda’s smallest national park located in Kisoro district for the best experience in Gorilla trekking. A drive to Kisoro specifically to the park gate takes around 9-10 hours’ drive including all stopovers along the way. This safari starts from Kampala and ends in Kampala/ Entebbe. So to enjoy this safari, you need to arrive and sleep in Kampala City a day before your safari.
Highlight of the 3 days Mgahinga Gorilla trekking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Kisoro
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga National Park
- Day 3: Return to Kampala and Depart
Day 1: Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Kisoro
- Transfer to Mgahinga: Wake very early in the morning take your breakfast and be ready to be picked up by our company driver and start your journey at around 7:30 am to Kisoro.
- The Equator & Igongo Experience: Have a stopover at the equator for the beautiful photographs and Experience. Another stopover at Igongo cultural hotel for lunch in Mbarara and then proceed to Kisoro arriving at the park gate late in the evening. Check-in at any lodge in Mgahinga National Park for Dinner and overnight
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga National Park
- Gorilla Trekking: This is the major reason for your safari to Mgahinga national park. Wake up at around 5:30 am in the morning, enjoy your breakfast, pack your lunch box and meet with your driver and transfer to the park headquarters for the briefing before the trekking begin. After the briefing at the office, an experienced tour guide will lead you in the trekking process explain all the questions about mountain gorillas. The trek lasts from 2 hours to a full day depending on the location of the gorilla family and the trekking speed. Once you find the family, only one hour is given to you in the presence of the gorillas interacting and taking photographs. During trekking, keep your eyes open for possibilities of viewing several monkeys, birds and other several species in the bamboo forest.
- Batwa Trail: After trekking, meet your driver for the Batwa trail who will take you deep in the bamboo forest elaborating their ancient ways of life while in the forest and how they used to obtain food through hunting and gathering and close your day with the beautiful entertainment by the locals. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Return to Kampala and Depart
- Return to Kampala: This is your last day of the safari. You need to wake up early in the morning enjoy your breakfast at the lodge, check out and enroute on Kampala journey with a stopover in Mbarara for lunch at Igongo cultural hotel. Proceed to Kampala arriving late in the evening and you will be dropped at your designated area such as Entebbe international airport or to the lodge in Kampala or to the bus stop for the next destination.
- A gorilla trekking permit
- A 4×4 tour vehicle with fuel
- A full board accommodation for two nights at Buhoma haven lodge
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A tour guide
- All meals as per your itinerary
- All travel expenses such as visa and tickets
- Alcoholic drinks and all other snacks outs the budgets meal
- Airtime and email services
End of the 3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking
See also: 3 Days Mgahinga Safari