3 Days Lake Mburo National Park is a short Uganda Safari tour to one of the most endowed national parks in Uganda with wildlife and aquatic tourist activities like boat cruises on the Lake Mburo. Lake Mburo national park is known to be the smallest national park in Uganda. It is located in Kiruhura district in the western part of Uganda along Masaka-Mbarara road. The park harbors beautiful fauna and flora which attracts the visitors throughout the year. The nature of the park with beautiful sceneries of lakes, swamps, savanna grassland, hills favors several tourism activities such as game drive, nature walks, boat cruise, horse riding, cultural tours, birding, fishing among others
Lake Mburo national park is also known for harboring the unique mammals such as the Impalas, elands and the antelopes alongside other several wildlife such as beautiful savanna vegetation, several bird species, butterflies and many more. The 3 Days Lake Mburo National Park will lead you to cruise on one of the five lakes found in the park, a game drive will take you inside the park and give you greater sighting of mammals and birds in the park.
Highlights of the 3 Days Lake Mburo National Park
- Day 1: Evening game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive, and evening boat cruise
- Day 3: Guided nature walks, Bicycle tours, sport fishing
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo, Evening boat cruise and Night game drive
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: You will be picked up from Kampala City or Entebbe international airport early in the morning and transferred to Lake Mburo national park with a stopover at the Equator for some beautiful photographs. The drive from Kampala to the Lake Mburo national park is about 3 – 4 hours.
- Check-In: On reaching the park, you will check-in at Arcadia Cottages lodge Lake Mburo for midrange, have your lunch and relax your mind as you prepare yourself for an evening boat Cruise.
- Boat Cruise: The cruise on Lake Mburo will bring you face to face with beautiful fauna and flora including several mammals such as otters, buffalos, antelopes, several hippos and crocodiles. Keeping your eyes open will also lead you to the spotting of several bird species including the rare shoebill, African fish eagle, kingfishers, blue-headed weaver birds, herons, and many more water birds.
- Evening Game Drive: After a 2- 3 hours boat cruise, return to your lodge fresh up and go for an evening game drive which begins at 6:30 pm. There is also a night game drive with a professional armed ranger which offers you the better chances of watching several nocturnal mammals such as bush babies and porcupines coming out of their hideouts in search of food in the park since they are always active at night. After the night drive, return to your lodge, enjoy your dinner and rest from a tiring day
Day 2: Morning game drive and Boat Cruise
- Game Drive: Morning game drive in Lake Mburo national park starts around 6:30 am. On your last day of the trip, you will wake early at 5:30 am, have your breakfast, meet your driver and start a morning game drive. This drive will be the best experience of your trip as you will be able to see several ground mammals and nocturnal mammals in abundance. These mammals include the elands, zebras, giraffes, warthogs, impalas, waterbuck and herds of cattle as the all graze on the fresh vegetation early in the morning. This will take you between 5-6 hours driving inside the park.
- Afternoon Boat Cruise: After the game drive, take a break and have lunch and go for the afternoon game drive where you will sport different species. Later you will Engage in a community tour around the Ankole Region.
Day 3: Guided Nature Walks, Bicycle tours, sport fishing and Return to Kampala
- Guided Nature walks: The guided nature walks in Lake Mburo national park begins at 7:00 am with a guided ranger following the trail toward the Rwonyo where several wild animals are seen licking on the tasty rock. You will also be in a position to see several mammals including the nocturnal mammals returning to their dens, several bird species among others. This nature walk lasts between 2-3 hours.
- Bicycle tour: Do a bicycle tour that takes one hour as you ride with in the park and around the park passing through several mammals including the zebras, antelopes, buffalos and many mammals in the park.
- Sportfishing: You may also do a spot fishing since Lake Mburo national park is mostly covered by water and harbors several fish species including the Catfish, Nile perch, Tilapia, tiger fish, Ngara and barbell all found in the water bodies of Lake Mburo national park.
- Return to Kampala: After the guided nature walks and bicycle tours, return to the lodge for lunch, prepare yourself, check out, and at around 3:00 pm meet your driver and start the journey to Kampala.
End of the 3 Days Lake Mburo National Park tour
3 Days Lake Mburo National Park tour Itinerary includes
- Park entrance fee
- Full board one-night accommodation at Arcadia cottages lake Mburo
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel
- A tour guide
- Boat cruise
- Game drives
- Equator experimental fee
- All the travel expenses such as visa and air tickets
- Alcoholic beverages and juices
- Life insurance
See also: 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park