3 days gorilla habituation safari
3 days gorilla habituation safari from Kampala starts and ends in Kampala. To fully enjoy this 3 days gorilla habituation safari from Kampala, one needs to sleep in Kampala the previous day before the 3 days safari start. Gorilla habituation in Uganda is carried out in only one park, Bwindi Impenetrable national park situated in south western Uganda. In Bwindi, gorilla habituation is done in Rushaga sector and it is the only sector amongst the four sectors in Bwindi where gorilla habituation is carried out allowing travelers to spend a full day with the mountain gorillas, learning their behaviors such as feeding, breastfeeding, copulating, and nesting among others.
Highlights of 3 days gorilla habituation safari from Kampala
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla habituation in Bwindi
- Day 3: Return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi
- Transfer from Kampala: on the 1st day of your 3 days Bwindi gorilla habituation safari from Kampala, you will wake up at your hotel in Kampala and get ready to be picked up by our company representative and start a long drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park within south western part of Uganda. Have a stopover in Biharwe at the equator to take some photographs and then proceed to Igongo cultural center to an enroute lunch. Once you are done with lunch, proceed the drive to Bwindi where you will arrive late in the evening. Check in at the lodge, enjoy your dinner and have an overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Gorilla habituation in Bwindi
- Gorilla habituation in Bwindi: On day 2 of 3 days Bwindi gorilla habituation safari from Kampala, you will wake up at the lodge, have breakfast served, pack some snacks and drinking water then meet the driver to be driven to the park headquarters for briefing. Once you are done with briefing, you ca hire a porter and then enter into the forest to in search of gorillas which are under habituation. You will be in a position to follow up these gorillas since they aren’t used to human so they will try to move and shy away from humans and you keep on trekking behind them as you train them how to get used to human alongside other habituators and the researchers. Gorilla habituation is considered to be a full day adventurous activity as habituators are in position to watch these gorillas as they wake up from their nests up in the tree, and follow them until evening when they are making another nest for overnight. After enjoying the full day’s excursion amidst gorillas, return to the lodge, take a cool shower, have a meal and take a rest.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: on the last day of this 3 days Bwindi gorilla habituation safari from Kampala, you will wake in the morning, take breakfast and check out of the lodge to embark on the long drive back to Kampala the capital city of Uganda. You will have a stopover at Igongo cultural center for a meal then proceed the drive to Kampala. Upon arrival, you will either be dropped at your lodge where you were picked on day 1 or be transferred to Entebbe international airport for departures to the next destination.
End of 3 days gorilla habituation safari
Included in this 3 days Bwindi gorilla habituation safari from Kampala
- Gorilla Habituation permit
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodations as per itinerary
- Enough packed drinking water
- All activities as per itinerary
- An English speaking tour guide / Driver
Exclusives in 3 days Bwindi gorilla habituation safari from Kampala
- Travel expenses such as Visa and air ticket
- Laundry fees
- Tips to the porter, guide, ranger etc.
- Porter hire fee
- Life insurance while on safari
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages other than water
- Personal expenses such as emails, airtime and souvenirs
Conclusion: Bwindi impenetrable national park is the only destination in Uganda and Africa at large where gorilla habituation is carried on. Bwindi is the best destination for both gorilla trekking and habituation unlike other destinations like Rwanda and DRC which only conduct gorilla trekking thus making Uganda the best destination for all gorilla tours and safari in Africa. However, this 3 days Bwindi gorilla habituation safari from Kampala can be replaced with a 3 days gorilla habituation Uganda from Kigali to minimize the long distance from Kampala to Bwindi.