2 Days Sipi Falls Tour is a short trip to one of the most sought waterfalls in Uganda that is situated close to Mount Elgon National Park in Eastern Uganda. Sipi falls are found in Kapichorwa district in Uganda and they are the best destinations for visitors who enjoy hiking.
On your 2 Days Sipi Falls Tour, be sure to sight out several mammals including hippos, crocodiles, several water birds, and much more wildlife, among others that will make your trip a colorful one. Sipi falls can be visited any time throughout the year, but the best time is the dry season when you will be able to see all the animals gathering along the falls in search of water.
Highlights of the 2 Days Sipi Falls Tour
- Top of falls
- Coffee tours
- Hiking three waterfalls
Day 1: Travel to Sipi falls– Hike three Sipi waterfalls
- Transfer to Sipi Falls: Get up very early in the morning, take your breakfast and prepare yourself for a pick up at your designated location. It should be inside Kampala City or a nearby place for easy allocation and catching up with time. At around 6:30 am, your journey will start from your location heading to Sipi falls with a stopover in Jinja town for lunch.
- Hike to Sipi Falls: After lunch, the driver will drive you directly to the top of the Sipi falls starting with the tallest fall which is 100m and you will descend to the main fall, ascend again on the second fall which is 85m, then descend till you reach on the shortest fall which is 75m. The total hike will take you around 4-5 hours. During the hiking, you will be able to view the beautiful sceneries of Mount Elgon, The plains, and the sunset on top of the falls. After hiking the three falls, you will be driven to Sipi River Lodge for check-in, dinner and overnight.
Note: Top of fall is a tiring but enjoyable experience thus to do it, you need to be physically fit and in good health because it needs a lot of energy to reach the top.
Day 2: Coffee tours and return to Kampala
- Coffee tour experience: Wake up early in the morning take your shower, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge meet your driver and set off for a coffee tour where you will be able to visit the coffee plantation to learn all the stages of coffee production right from planting, weeding, pruning, harvesting, drying, roasting, grinding and packing. You will be given an opportunity to taste the freshly prepared coffee tea at the farm.
- Return to Kampala: After the visit, return to your lodge for lunch then check out and meet your driver to start your journey back to Kampala.
End of the 2 Days Sipi Falls Tour
The itinerary includes;
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
- Full board accommodation for one night at Sipi river lodge
- Entrance fee
- A full trip English guide
- Bottled drinking water
- All meals as per Itinerary
- An English speaking tour guide
- Visa and air ticket
- Alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance
See also: 2 Days Source of the Nile tour