3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari
3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari is short but with lots of attractions ranging from nature, wildlife, and the local people. This 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari includes 3 days and 2 nights starting from Kampala or Entebbe and ending in Kampala or Entebbe. This 3 days safari will take you to wonders of Mount Elgon in Mbale district via mabira forest for a nature walk and zip-lining then proceed to Mbale where you will proceed to kapichorwa to hike beautiful waterfalls in kapichorwa known as Sipi falls, the return to Mbale for Mount Elgon hiking before returning to Kampala via Jinja for the source of the Nile river exploration.
Highlights of this 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Mbale and hike Sipi falls
- Day 2: Hike Mount Elgon
- Day 3: Return to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Mbale and hike Sipi falls
- Transfer to Mbale and Hike Sipi falls: On day 1 of this 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala or in Entebbe where you spend an overnight and embark on the drive to the eastern part of Uganda via mabira forest for an hour or 2 hours walk, you may also enjoy another adventurous activity of zip lining then proceed to enjoy your enroute lunch in Jinja. After lunch, you be driven directly to your hotel at the foothills of Mount Elgon for check-in and relaxation.
- Sipi falls hiking: After relaxation, you will be transferred for yet an evening hike on the Sipi falls in kapichorwa starting with the highest waterfall at 100m then slope down and hike the second waterfall at 85m and lastly hike the 75m waterfall. This Sipi falls hike will take about 3 hours through the coffee farms of the local Bagishu and the Sabei while viewing Mount Elgon and the wildlife on it then return to the lodge later in the evening for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Hike Mount Elgon
- Hike mount Elgon: on day 2 of 3 days Sipi falls and mount elgon hiking safari, once you are done with breakfast at the lodge, ensure that your lodge gives you a packed meal to eat while on the hike and there after you will be transferred to the starting point where a hike to mount elgon starts . You will be first briefed about this fascinating hike then select the hiking trail that suits you since you are on a shorter safari and won’t be able to select the longest trail and later start the hike via the montane forest and the coffee plantations at the foot of the mountain later on, you will start to ascend while spotting lots of creatures that call mount elgon their home. Amongst the wildlife seen on the hike include different species of birds as we well know that mount elgon is amongst the best birding destination in Uganda. You will also be able to view the river that flows within Mount Elgon national park providing water to different park species and offering water for irrigation to the farmers at the foot of the mountain. Once your trail is done, you will descend and return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: on day 3 of 3 days Sipi falls and Mount Elgon hiking safari, you will enjoy a relaxed breakfast then check out and embark on the Kampala journeys with a top over in Jinja. Once you arrive in Jinja, I am sure you don’t want to miss out a cruise to the source of the Nile River which is in Jinja. After visiting the source of the Nile, you will enjoy your lunch at the hotel overlooking the river Nile and later on return to your journey to Kampala the capital city of Uganda. Upon arrival, you may enjoy a brief city tour before being transferred to your lodge in case you are having an overnight in Uganda or to the airport for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 3 DAYS SIPI FALLS AND MOUNT ELGON HIKING SAFARI
Inclusive in safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- Pick up and drop off
- Hiking permits for Mount Elgon and Sipi falls
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Accommodations will be as per itinerary
- Enough drinking water
- All activities including a visit to mabira and source of the nile
- An English speaking guide
Exclusive in safari
- Visa and air ticket
- Optional activities
- Other drinks other than water