4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Cruise Safari is a short tour of Uganda’s biggest national park that is filled with amazing wildlife experiences. Murchison falls National Park is the biggest park in Uganda covering about 3,840km2 and is located in northwestern Uganda. On your 4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Cruise Safari, be sure to sight out several mammals including the Buffalos, elephants, lions, leopards, antelopes, grey duiker, bushbuck, hyenas, hippos, crocodiles , nocturnal mammals, several bird species including the rare shoebill, the water waves and the waterfalls among others that will make your trip a colorful one. Murchison falls can be visited any time throughout the year, but the best time is the dry season when you will be able to see all the animals gathering along the river Nile bank in search of water while you cruise along the River Nile and the delta
Highlights of the 4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Cruise Safari
- Rhino trekking (optional) done at Ziwa rhino sanctuary on your way to the Murchison falls
- Boat cruise
- Top of falls
- Top of the fall hiking (optional)
- Game drives
- Delta launch cruise
- Spot fishing (optional)
- Hot air balloon trip (optional)
Day 1: Pick Up & Transfer to Murchison Falls
- Pick Up: Wake up early in the morning, prepare yourself to be picked up by your driver from the earlier communicated area around Kampala City and at around 6:30 am start your journey heading to Murchison falls park. This journey takes around 5-6 hours considering all the stopovers along the way. Make a stopover along the road where you can buy some fruits, snacks, and anything that you feel like you might need in your trip.
- Rhino Trekking: Then make another stopover at the Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for the Rhino trekking which lasts around 1-2 hours.
- Drive to the top of the Falls: After Rhino trekking your driver will drive you to court view hotel in Masindi for your lunch and then proceed to Murchison falls park. Once you enter the park, make sure that your car windows are raised to avoid baboons from grabbing some eats from you since they always parade along the road inside the park waiting for the visitor’s vehicles where they search for foods. Your driver will take you directly to the top of the falls where you will have a clear view of all the park, take pretty photographs and enjoy the cool breeze. Here you will automatically know that your trip has well begun. You will then be driven up to Paraa safari lodge where you will check-in, have dinner and rest to relax your mind for the second day’s activities
Day 2: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise and hiking top of the falls (optional)
- Game Drive: On your second day of the trip, you will wake up early at around 5:30am, take a shower, enjoy your breakfast and then meet your driver to start your morning game drive at exactly 6:30 am in order to catch up with the Nocturnal mammals before they return to their hideouts, hunters and early birds. Several mammals will also be seen grazing on the moist vegetation before the sunrise. This is an interesting activity that offers you an opportunity to view several mammals including the Giraffes, lions coming out of their dens, African Elephants and Buffalos, Jackson’s Hartebeest and Uganda Kob as they graze. This will take you around 5-6 hours. Your driver will take you back to your lodge for lunch and then prepare to go for a boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, your driver you take you to the starting point of the boat cruise where you will board and start cruising at exactly 2:00pm. Make sure that you are at the boat comfortably seated around 15 minutes to 2:00pm to avoid being left behind. During your 2-3hours cruise on the Nile River, keep your eyes open to the shores of the Nile River where you will spot a huge population of Hippos, yawning crocodiles, and other mammals which flock the river to quench their thirst and cool their bodies from the scotching sun, and several water birds are also seen along the river.
- Hike to the top of the falls: After the boat cruise, the boat will take you up to the base of the falls where you can hike up to the top of the falls. Note: In case you are not up for hiking to the top of falls, you can do a community walk.
Day 3: Delta launch cruise and the community walks
- Delta Launch Cruise: On this day, you will need to wake up in the morning, enjoy your breakfast at Paraa Safari Lodge, pack your lunch box and then meet your guide who will drive you to the starting point of the cruise. This activity is pretty and shouldn’t be missed out during your 4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Cruise Safari as you will spend your 3rd day cruising on the Nile towards Lake. Well! , try to be at the starting point (Paraa jetty) in time to avoid missing out on this golden opportunity of floating on top of the Nile towards the shores of the Albert. Wow, on this cruise you will be sure to see the Shoebill stork. Since shoebills are good fishers, you will see them on the Albert delta in search of food following the Hippo’s trail, and other birds such as kingfishers, Goliath Heron among others. This cruise lasts for 2-3 hours.
- Spot Fishing: After the delta launch cruise, have your lunch and then do a spot fishing where you will have an opportunity to catch some fish such as the Nile Perch, tiger fish, Tilapia, Electric cat-fish or Genus Alestes and in case you catch any fish, you are free to take it to your lodge where it will be prepared for you to enjoy. This will take around 1-2 hours.
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris (Optional): You may also choose to do a hot air balloon where you will enjoy looking at the entire plain in the north and west Paraa. This activity requires an additional cost which is paid to the Jobihani Dream Balloons office at Paraa Safari Lodge.
- Community walk: And then after close your third day with a community walk around the park where you will meet the BOOMU women’s group as they explain to you how they work together to eradicate poverty, their daily lifestyle and then proceed and visit the Mubako cultural center for horrific cultural performances and also have look at their handcraft such as mats, baskets which you can buy any of your choice and close your community walk by visiting the storytellers who will share their stories about the customs and their culture. Then return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Drive back to Kampala – city tour and departure
- Transfer Back to Kampala: On the 4th day of your trip which is the last day in Murchison, you will need to have enough rest and wake up at around 7:00 am, take your breakfast at the lodge, check out and meet your driver to start your journey back to Kampala. Make a stopover in Masindi at court view hotel for lunch and proceed to Kampala. Depending on your next destination as agreed in your trip itinerary, in case you still want to be around Kampala, your guide will take you for a brief Kampala city tour until the time of your departure then you will be driven up to the airport or bus stop to proceed with your next program
End of the 4 Days Murchison Falls Delta Cruise Safari
Your itinerary includes
- Park entrance fee
- A 3 Nights Full board accommodation at Paraa safari lodge
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel
- Ferry crossing fee
- A tour guide
- Delta boat fee
- Boat cruise fee
- Game drive fee
- Hiking fee
The itinerary excludes
- All the travel expenses such as visa and air ticket to and from Kampala to your next destination
- Juice and Alcoholic beverages
What to pack for your 4 Days Murchison falls trip with delta
- Hiking shoes
- Long sleeved clothes both light and heavy
- A camera to capture your moments while on trip
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from direct sunlight
- Insect repellant
“Trust me this 4 Days Murchison Falls trip will live in your memory and you will be begging for more”
See also: 2 Days Murchison Falls tour