4 Days Murchison Falls Chimpanzee Trekking Tour is one of the few primates safari tours in Uganda where you will explore primates and wildlife in Uganda’s Biggest National Park. In your 4 Days Murchison Falls Chimpanzee Trekking Tour, you will be able to explore the whole of the park where you will hike the top of the falls, boat cruise along the Nile river, do the game drive around the park alongside white Rhino trekking in Ziwa rhino sanctuary and the chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest. This park is one of the best national parks in Uganda to be visited and below are some of the amazing things you will explore in this park;
Highlights of the 4 Days Murchison Falls Chimpanzee Trekking Tour
- Rhino trekking at Ziwa rhino sanctuary
- Boat cruise
- Top of falls/Hiking
- Game drives
- Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest
Day 1: Pick up from Kampala and transfer to Murchison Falls
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: Your tour guide will pick you up at the agreed location in Kampala City or any nearby place or from the airport as communicated earlier during your trip inquiry and booking. Keeping in mind that a journey from Kampala to Murchison falls is 5-6 hours’ drive, you need to be at your pickup point in time. Your drive will then pick you up and start your journey from Kampala making a stopover in Luwero district where you can buy any snacks that you may need for your trip and again make a stopover at “Masindi hotel” for lunch and then head to the Murchison Park. Depending on the arrival time you can proceed to the top of falls where you will be in a position to view the park from the top while enjoying the clean and fresh breath from down the fall. After that, your guide will drive you to pakuba lodge where you will check-in, freshen up, have your dinner and take a sound sleep.
Day 2: Morning game drive inside the park and the afternoon boat cruise on River Nile
- Game Drive: Since morning game drive starts very early in the morning at 6:30am, you will be required to wake up very early around 5:30am and prepare yourself very first, have your breakfast, meet your driver and start your early morning game drive. This drive will enable you to see some of the nocturnal mammals and hunters before they return in their hideouts. These mammals are always active during the night and hiding during the day and other wildlife as they wake up to graze on the green pasture before the sunset including the Uganda cob, buffalos, monkeys, lions, elephants, baboons, antelopes, warthogs among others. You will also be able to watch the beautiful birds in their nests and others flying over the park.
- Boat Cruise: After the morning drive, you will be driven back to the lodge, have your lunch and rest for sure a few minutes then get ready for the boat cruise at the river nil. Boat cruise starts at exactly 2:00pm, so you need to be at the starting point in time because you ought not to miss out on this breath taking the activity of cruising on the Nile River. During the boat cruise, keep the eyes wide open looking on the river bank and at the base of the falls where you will see several hippo pods, crocodiles, herds of buffalos, elephants, and several water birds. All this wildlife flock the river bank to drink the water due to the thirst caused by the scorching sun during the afternoon.
- Hike to the top of the falls: At the end of the boat cruise, you may decide to hike up to the top of the falls where you will meet with your driver to drive you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight as you prepare to trek the chimpanzees the following day. Note: this activity requires that you are physically fit and good health because it needs a lot of enough to climb till you reach on the top of the falls. However, once you manage to get to the top of the falls, you will surely enjoy the experience.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest
- Chimpanzee Trekking: you will need to wake up early, prepare yourself and have your breakfast, pack your lunch box, snacks and enough drinking water which will be provided by the tour operator then meet your driver who will drive you to the office for briefing on how the trekking process is carried out, the dos and don’ts while trekking the chimpanzees and the time you are supposed to spend with the chimpanzee once a certain family is located. Please make sure that you follow the rules and regulations while trekking these sensitive primates and try to ask as much as possible where ever you need to understand because your tour guide and the rangers already know everything about these primates. Chimpanzee trekking is normally termed as a full day activity because nobody is sure of how long you will move before encountering the chimpanzee family but once a certain group is located, you will be given only one hour for interacting and studying their behaviors including the eating habits, mating habits, and more others. Don’t forget to look around for different bird species while trekking the chimpanzee. You will sight out several birds such as the Goliath Heron which is the largest heron in the world, the Blue-headed Coucal, Squacco Heron, African Jacana, Sandpipers, Denham’s Bustard, Abyssinian Ground-Hornbill, Black-billed Barbet, Black-headed Gonolek, Silverbird, Weaver Birds, White-browed Sparrow Weaver, Speckle-fronted Weaver. After the trek, return to the lodge for dinner and relaxation from a tiring but interesting day. Note: if you need something much more than just a trek, then opt for the chimpanzee habituation where you will spend as much time as possible with these primates.
Day 4: Return from Murchison falls national park to Kampala -Rhino trekking
- Return to Kampala: This is the last day of your trip so you will need to have as enough rest as you can and once you get up, prepare yourself very well, enjoy your breakfast at the lodge, check out the lodge, meet with your driver and start your journey heading to Kampala.
- Rhino Trekking: On your way to Kampala, you will stop in Masindi district at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for while rhino trekking. This will sum up your trip by watching all the big five in one trip in addition to chimpanzee trekking. Rhino trekking will take you 1-2 hours. After the rhino trekking, you will drive to Masindi hotel for your lunch and then your driver will take you to Kampala for your next destination. Which includes the airport in case you are departing Uganda, to your lodge if you want to sleep around Kampala and to the bus stop in case you want to board a bus to another destination.
“Don’t miss this golden chance of viewing all the big five in just one trip together with the chimpanzee trekking”
End of the 4 Days Murchison Falls Chimpanzee Trekking Tour
Your itinerary includes
- Park entrance
- Full board accommodation for three nights at pakuba lodge
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Enough bottled drinking water
- A 4×4 trip vehicle with fuel
- Ferry crossing fee
- A tour guide fee
- Boat cruise fee
- Game drive fee
- Hiking fee
The itinerary excludes
- All the travel expenses such as visa and air ticket
- Alcoholic beverages and juices