3 Days Mount Sabinyo hiking safari
3 Days Mount Sabinyo hiking safari includes 3 days and 2 nights starting from Kampala/Entebbe and ending in Kampala/Entebbe. This mountain obtained its name from its shape which looks like an old man’s teeth thus the Kinyarwanda word sabinyo. Hiking this mountain is such a rewarding and adventurous expedition leading to the swampy crater that is situated on top of the mountain. Mount sabinyo is situated in 3 countries that is Uganda within Mgahinga national park, Rwanda in Volcanoes national park, and in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) within Virunga national park and it is at an elevation of 3,645m above the sea level. However, the best way to summit the top of mount Sabinyo is by taking a hike from the Ugandan side. During this 3 days Mount sabinyo hiking safari, you will be in a position to encounter gorillas, elephants among others since it is situated inland of endangered mountain gorillas.
Requirements for this hiking safari: Good waterproof hiking boots, a hiking stick usually provided during the briefing, sunglasses, enough drinking water and some snacks, sunscreen, raincoat, a cap etc.
Highlights of this 3 days Mount Sabinyo hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Kisoro
- Day 2: Hike mount sabinyo
- Day 3: Return to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Kisoro
- Transfer to Kisoro: on day 1 of 3 days Mount Sabinyo hiking safari, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala the capital city of Uganda or from your hotel in Entebbe or from Entebbe international airport where you MUST arrive before 8:00 am in the morning local time in order to embark on the drive towards far south western part of Uganda in Kisoro district. You will set off on a Kampala – Masaka – Mbarara road with a stopover at the equator where you will enjoy a session of photograph taking and perform some experiments. Proceed with your journey to Mbarara for an enroute lunch break at Igongo cultural hotel and later on embark on a journey along mbarara- Ntungamo road and join over to Ntungamo-Kabale road sighting out beautiful farms for the farmers and beautiful kigezi hills as you proceed to Kisoro for check in at the lodge late in the evening, have dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Hike mount sabinyo
- Hike mount sabinyo: On day 2 of 3 days mount sabinyo hiking safari, you will be served with breakfast, pack a lunch box and bottled water to keep you hydrated throughout the hike then meet your safari driver to transfer you for a hiking safari briefing and later on hire your porter then start the ascension of mount Sabinyo starts at Ntebeko visitor’s center amidst armed rangers and local porter who will teach more about this mountain. This hike is approximately 5-8 hours to make a round trip to ascend and descent depending on the fitness level of the hikers. Once you reach the summit the top, you be in a position to view three beautiful countries of Uganda, Rwanda and DRC at a glance. You will also spot the swampy crater at the top of the lake and later on return at the base of the mountain for the transfer to the lodge.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 3: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: This being your last day of your 3 days Mount Sabinyo hiking safari and depending on your departure details, you will take be served breakfast and later on check out of the lodge to embark on a Kampala journey with an enroute lunch in mbarara city and be driven to Kampala back to your lodge where you were picked at the beginning of your 3 days Mount Sabinyo hiking safari or direct to the airport for departures to the next destination.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch
END OF 3 DAYS MOUNT SABINYO HIKING SAFARI
Inclusive in this 3 days mount sabinyo hiking safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle
- Pick up and drop off
- Mount sabinyo hiking permit
- An English speaking guide
- Enough bottled drinking water
- All meals as per itinerary
- Accommodation as per itinerary
Exclusive in this 3 days mount Sabinyo hiking safari
- Visa and air ticket
- Extra accommodation on the before and after 3 days safari
- Other drinks apart from water